Open Office installation argument/parameter to not install Java JRE

krige

Hello there,

the Italian installer of Open Office 2.4.1 without Java JRE is not available on the OOo download page so I am looking for an argument to pass to the installation exe file from the command prompt in order to not install the JRE. Is there anyone who knows such argument? Something like "OpenOffice241.exe /nojre"...

Edited by krige

Hello there,

the Italian installer of Open Office 2.4.1 without Java JRE is not available on the OOo download page so I am looking for an argument to pass to the installation exe file from the command prompt in order to not install the JRE. Is there anyone who knows such argument? Something like "OpenOffice241.exe /nojre"...

when downlaoding open office there is tick box oyu can untick to not include java so oyug et the openoffice only

when downlaoding open office there is tick box oyu can untick to not include java so oyug et the openoffice only

Did that already: I unchecked the "Include the Java JRE with this download" option but when I click on the Italian installation link an error page appears with the following message:

Download Chooser

The download you have chosen could not be initiated automatically.

Please visit the download overview.

For the adventurous there is a form provided with no guarantee that

any of the listed versions is available.

You can check it yourself. I wrote an e-mail to the Open Office people but they didn't answer me. Then I asked in the Open Office forum and no one was able to tell me anything about it.

What happens if you extract it? Under nLite I install 7-zip first then use the following code (%Source% is the install media, e.g D:\):

rem install & configure Open Office, requires 7-Zip for configuration options
"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z" X %Source%AddOns\OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_en-US.exe -O%Temp%\OpenOffice
If exist %Temp%\OpenOffice\openofficeorg24.msi msiexec /I %Temp%\OpenOffice\openofficeorg24.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL /Qr
RmDir /S /Q %Temp%\OpenOffice
If Not exist "%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z.exe" %Source%AddOns\OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_en-US.exe /S

If there are separate installers, you're right to go.

Kurt_Aust, it seems you have the installer without JRE. I have the installer with JRE, because the Italian version of the installer without JRE doesn't exist. So using the installation file *with JRE* I want to do an installation without JRE, so I need to know which argument/option/parameter I can use in order to do that. Just as you can use /S to do a silent installation, I need the option to do the installation without JRE, something like this:

OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_it.exe /NOJRE

instmsia.exe

instmsiw.exe

java <DIR>

licenses <DIR>

openoffice.org-activex.cab

openoffice.org-base.cab

openoffice.org-calc.cab

openoffice.org-core01.cab

openoffice.org-core02.cab

openoffice.org-core03.cab

openoffice.org-core04.cab

openoffice.org-core05.cab

openoffice.org-core06.cab

openoffice.org-core07.cab

openoffice.org-core08.cab

openoffice.org-core09.cab

openoffice.org-draw.cab

openoffice.org-emailmerge.cab

openoffice.org-graphicfilter.cab

openoffice.org-impress.cab

openoffice.org-javafilter.cab

openoffice.org-math.cab

openoffice.org-onlineupdate.cab

openoffice.org-pyuno.cab

openoffice.org-testtool.cab

openoffice.org-writer.cab

openoffice.org-xsltfilter.cab

openofficeorg24.msi

readmes <DIR>

setup.exe

setup.ini

Seems I didn't get reply notification, oh well. Looking at the extracted files my method will work (under nLite %Source% is the install media, e.g D:\)

rem compressor/decompressor utility
msiexec /I %Source%AddOns\7z457.msi /Passive

rem install & configure Open Office, requires 7-Zip for configuration options
"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z" X %Source%AddOns\OOo_2.4.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_it.exe -O%Temp%\OpenOffice
If exist %Temp%\OpenOffice\openofficeorg24.msi msiexec /I %Temp%\OpenOffice\openofficeorg24.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL /Qr
RmDir /S /Q %Temp%\OpenOffice

In the Java <dir> there should either be "jre-6u6-windows-i586-p" or

COPYRIGHT

core1.zip

core2.zip

core3.zip

extra.zip

launcher.exe

msvcr71.dll

msvcrt.dll

other.zip

patchjre.exe