Is it possible?

myelin

Hello, i want to scan a computer remotely using the antivirus on my computer from which i am accessing my remote computer. Is it possible?

Thanks.

I am having problems with that remote computer. The explorer windows and few other windows close after few seconds without any warning. I am sure that it is some virus or spyware. This behaviour happens when i am using that other computer. It does not allow any antivirus to be installed on it.

you could mount the remote machines hard drive and scan it, but that won't check the active processes in memory on that machine. I don't know of any consumer products that will, there may be some enterprise products that might.

You could make a BartPE CD with virusscan and scan it offline, or get the UBCD and do it.

Not sure. Probably need a bit more info to give you a better answer. Assuming you are using XP Pro, you could try mapping the administrative share (C$) of the remote computer to a network drive (Open My Explorer > Tools > Map Network Drive). Honestly though you'll probably have issues if Explorer keeps crashing.

Probably a better solution would be to use UBCD4Win (http://www.ubcd4win.com/). Another option is to just remove the HDD and put it in the working PC.

I did the scan with NOD32 in another computer and it found lots of viruses. But still it is infected with Worm.Win32.autorun variant infection.

How do i deal with it?

Thanks for the solution anyway.

Edited by myelin

i belive smitfraud fix located HERE or Spybot Search and Destroy located HERE should do the trick for ya. If you do use spybot try running in safe mode or preferably from another machine with that hdd as a secondary. Let us know how it goes :D

Edited by Redhatcc