win 2003 restore to SBS 2003

AO3

I have a client that their win 2003 server died. All data was backed up. Including AD. The problem. They are getting a new server, Win SBS 2003 they had Win 2003. Should I try and restore a win 2003 server AD to a SBS server 2003? Or will it be better to start from scratch. There are only 9 users 2 printers and mail is POP3.

Restart from scratch with this. To my knowlege what you mention is impossible.

Do you have all of the POP3 details you need before you begin? If not research the host, speak to them and get the passwords before hand, Users hate not getting emails......... :realmad:

Lol

Good Luck :thumbup

Not my setup I just want to say. POP mail is going directly to users computers. So no email problems there. Backup is done by Sonicwall device. So all data is ready to be moved back. No plan to move mail to exchange yet. But the option is there.

Since you are using SBS you may as well configure the email to be collected by exchange. At least that way there is some redundancy.

If the users are using outlook express (i assume they are) there is a great utility from nirsoft.net that will grab the names and passwords of any pop3 accounts it finds on the local machine. If you do this then you can easilty create them on the exchange box :)

The users are using outlook. I use a sonicwall device that can make a backup of the PST files located on the users cpu. The sonicwall device makes backups of all files real time.