Please Two small helps (loade a personal desktop bmp and change string

helen_baby40

hello all of u.I neade two help making a bootable Xp pro cd with Nlite.

1)The first will be...how i can chaamge (edit) some part of the strings (spots)that u cn reade written from Microsoft during the setup?

I tryied to do that editing lines with ResHack but i lost some letters as è à ò ì so u think must be another way to di that.

2)Second question will be... I know there are around the net many Os were at the end of the setup u can see a different desktop wallpaper (i use usualy the setting default windows teame,just beacause if a little more faster the computer hi),so i would like witch file or what i neade to do to load and set as default desktop picture a bmp that actualy i'm useing on my computer.

Thank's in advance

Helen

:hello:

Edited by helen_baby40

I dont understand your first question what you are trying to say.

as for question #2.

Simply find your favourite wallpaper, configure desktop appearence as you want, and save themefile into c:\windowsfolder\resources\themes\yourtheme.theme

F.ex i use IlumeCG theme, with my own wallpaper etc. So just copy any wallpaper i like into that theme's folder (point is not to have it on another drive, must be systemroot so theme is sure to find it upon first boot). You can also edit the themes file with Notepad if you wish.

Inside the .theme file it says for example:

[Control Panel\Desktop]

Wallpaper=%WinDir%Web\Wallpaper\V_LA5.jpg

So that's the default wallpaper for that theme.

I dont understand your first question what you are trying to say.

as for question #2.

Simply find your favourite wallpaper, configure desktop appearence as you want, and save themefile into c:\windowsfolder\resources\themes\yourtheme.theme

F.ex i use IlumeCG theme, with my own wallpaper etc. So just copy any wallpaper i like into that theme's folder (point is not to have it on another drive, must be systemroot so theme is sure to find it upon first boot). You can also edit the themes file with Notepad if you wish.

Inside the .theme file it says for example:

[Control Panel\Desktop]

Wallpaper=%WinDir%Web\Wallpaper\V_LA5.jpg

So that's the default wallpaper for that theme.

So...ok about "mistery of the first question (i will explain me bettar after).

About your answer to my question:

So i neade to search for the .theme file and edit it so that will get the path to my wallpaper as u wrote me:

Example : Wallpaper=%WinDir%Web\Wallpaper\mypic.jpg but...

Now i have my windows xp files on my computer so... how i know were i must put the file mypc.jpg so that i can be sure that when i will install windows will be loaded correctely?

Thank's

Helen

I just tested this on a real install, it works.

Just put all files inside %systemroot%\yourWindowsfolder\Resources\Themes\YourTheme\whereuwant

I forgot to copy mouse cursors, but no biggie. In Nlite program, on unattended page, select your theme to integrate, doesnt matter where it is, but you should have all files preferrably inside %systemroot%\yourWindowsfolder\Resources\Themes\YourTheme\whereuwant to be sure to have paths for cursors,wallpaper and sounds , correct. I dont think nlite rewrites the paths in .theme file, but then i havent really bothered to check if it does.

-excerpt from myilumecg.theme file- :

[Control Panel\Desktop]

Wallpaper=%WinDir%Resources\Themes\IllumeCG\BlueXP.jpg

TileWallpaper=0

WallpaperStyle=2

Pattern=

Attachment show where to integrate theme in nlite, and how this looks here on 1st boot, to show it works.

Hope this explains things a bit better.

post-91607-1212783925_thumb.png

Edited by TranceEnergy

I just tested this on a real install, it works.

Just put all files inside %systemroot%\yourWindowsfolder\Resources\Themes\YourTheme\whereuwant

I forgot to copy mouse cursors, but no biggie. In Nlite program, on unattended page, select your theme to integrate, doesnt matter where it is, but you should have all files preferrably inside %systemroot%\yourWindowsfolder\Resources\Themes\YourTheme\whereuwant to be sure to have paths for cursors,wallpaper and sounds , correct. I dont think nlite rewrites the paths in .theme file, but then i havent really bothered to check if it does.

-excerpt from myilumecg.theme file- :

[Control Panel\Desktop]

Wallpaper=%WinDir%Resources\Themes\IllumeCG\BlueXP.jpg

TileWallpaper=0

WallpaperStyle=2

Pattern=

Attachment show where to integrate theme in nlite, and how this looks here on 1st boot, to show it works.

Hope this explains things a bit better.

I think i nearly understud.So...Now i'm in Desktop Themes of Nlite,i will click on add and give as patch c:\window\mypc.bmp but...nlite wants a .theme file so...how i can sort that out?I neade only to change the desktop wall paper no othe themes of windows.

Thank's

Helen

I thought u WANTED to have YOUR THEME customized as you like it and ready from first boot.

If however, only thing you want to change is default wallpaper there are other solutions.

I am sorry, but it is not always easy to understand across languages =)

Hope u can forgive me.

I would like to suggest you perhaps simply tweak:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\

and key there called :

Wallpaper ( C:\U\0\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp )

and

ConvertedWallpaper ( C:\X\Resources\Themes\IllumeCG\BlueXP.jpg )

Please understand windows converts jpg format wallpaper to bmp.

So i *think* you only need to change ConvertedWallpaper registry key.

Then export registry key to a .reg file and import it with regedit /s parameter at Guirunonce in nlite.

I could be wrong, but something like this would work.

Also understand if you use defaultuser, it will be that wallpaper for all users. Same as if you apply any gui tweaks those will apply to all users.

Hello,

and key there called :

and

Then export registry key to a .reg file and import it with regedit /s parameter at Guirunonce in nlite.

I would also like to change only the default wallpaper for all users but I didn't quite understand the procedure you have explained. Could you please describe it in more details?

I thought u WANTED to have YOUR THEME customized as you like it and ready from first boot.

If however, only thing you want to change is default wallpaper there are other solutions.

I am sorry, but it is not always easy to understand across languages =)

Hope u can forgive me.

and key there called :

and

I could be wrong, but something like this would work.

Also understand if you use defaultuser, it will be that wallpaper for all users. Same as if you apply any gui tweaks those will apply to all users.

Ok that is quite clear...Can u tell me were i will finde in nlite the edit of regedit sso tht i can edit as u wrote me and give the new path to my personal desktop wallpaper?

Thank's in advance helping me

Helen

:)