Shut down

uruguay

Just kidding man,

really though 20 applications??? I have 62 installed and tons more downloaded. I had to do a reinstall of XP once before with about twice that amount. 85 gigs keeps me busy.

But to address your issues,

A.) F1 to resume, two things I can think of CMOS battery is failing, stuck key etc...

http://www.cubix.com/support/techinfo/manu...030/4030-ab.htm

check this page out, it seems you should be getting an error message, if so what does it say?

B.) Does your sound work? If so, check your msconfig and make sure everything is checked. Next try a diagnostic startup, and the a normal start up.

I know you said you did it right, but just to triple check did you follow this totally...

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

Click Sound, Speech, and Audio Devices.

Under Pick a task, click Change the speaker settings.

In the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties dialog box, on the Volume tab, select the Place volume icon in the taskbar check box, and then click OK.

C.)What do you mean it corrupted your setup? Have you tried a driver rollback? Maybe that will help. ANother thing is to just reinstall the driver.

These are about as good of an answer as I can give at this time.

Good luck

Big Booger

Thanks, phew, thought you were really serious

a) no help, message is only for F1 to resume, no post errors or beeps, nada just that, and no it aint the battery or the cmos, those a pretty fine, i know cuz few days ago had the same thing and after the usual fdisk and reinstall it cleared up just like acne after puberty (if only windoze could mature like us)

b)sound is aok, just the silly icon, which i normally use to control the volume of the system, although i have a dolby analog receiver hanging around and if i can get away from all this formatting and get the time to get a minijack-to-bare cables in order to plug them i can do away with silly icons. meantime at every load i press F1 and then controlpanel/sounds remove the show icon then apply then rekey show icon/apply , sigh!

c) rollback, dunno, don't trust windoze sfc to do a proper job of reloading without screwing up, i am really not up to testing another or bill g's little toys, not to mention unbootable cd's with new os's

actually i am keen to believe one of the ini's is probably sick, most likely boot, because some other programs that are in the win aren't loading either, (am not at home now, but does msconfig work in xp? don't think so, but have other sharewares that do tell me what's suppose to load and task manager is telling me - no dice)

thanks for the time and the leads, as they say invention is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration