Product Id invalid. only after SP3

Ponch

Hi,

I just lost 10 hours trying to figure out a way to kick that problem out of my way. I guess I should free some diskspace and install Virtual thingy instead of burning 15 cdrws. Anyway, here is my problem:

I have an OEM Home SP2 french source which I already used for my Acer and for a friends Fujitsu (both with stickers), changing the OEM files, I got it preactivated OK. Now my brother come with a computer he received from a Danish friend and asks me to set it up in french. No problemo, I thought. It's a Medion with an OEM Home Danish and with a .pqi recovery image. So I got all the files I need, I got the preactivated key for the danish version and the OEM files on it.

Now whatever I try (using danish or french setupp.ini, mixing files, trying the sticker's or the preactivated key, whatever), integrating SP3 with nLite gives me an invalid PID error message at the end of install.

Or.. I can just skip SP3 running nLite, make my cd, it is preactivated, it works. But applying SP3 later wastes a gigabyte of HDD space. I'll stick with this now as I told my brother it'd just be a few days, but I'm quite frustrated.

Any idea on this one ? Is it just SP3 that checks you don't mix language files or is it something I wasn't smart enough to try ?