Registry Tweaks

Hong

xp.jpg

I was installed my Unanttended Windows with slipstreamed SP3, IE7 and Windows MediaPlayer 11 then putting some registry tweaks that i want, but i couln'd find how to clearing the list of program that recently opened when we finished insttaling the windows, also how to arrange the icons in the Desktop with My Computer First.

another problem is, I downloaded the modified sysdm.cpl file but after i put it in to my windows, somehow always renamed in to sysdm.cpl.bak. Anyone can guide me trought? Thanks alot.

Hi, :hello:

but i couln'd find how to clearing the list of program that recently opened when we finished insttaling the windows,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_MinMFU"=dword:00000000

This tweak will disable completely this "non nense" feature, and you can "Pin to Start Menu" only the items that you really use every time.

also how to arrange the icons in the Desktop with My Computer First.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}]
"SortOrderIndex"=dword:00000054

My Computer First = 54

My Documents First = 48

This tweak will also change the order that these items appears in the Windows Explorer.

another problem is, I downloaded the modified sysdm.cpl file but after i put it in to my windows, somehow always renamed in to sysdm.cpl.bak. Anyone can guide me trought? Thanks alot.

"sysdm.cpl" is a part of the "Windows Protected Files", so every time that you replace this archive by a modified one, the Windows File Protection (WFP) reverts it to the original one.

Windows File Protection and Windows

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/wfp.mspx

Description of the Windows File Protection feature

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193

If you want to use modified files you should use nLite to disable the "Windows File Protection" (important Windows feature).

Good luck,

Anderton.