Adding programs to Vista image (changed the title)

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. but anyway

the tools I have are:

1. WAIK,

2. A Vista PE bootable usb which has Imagex and Gimagex on it

3. an original vista dvd with the install wim and boot wim on my harddrive

okay my first question is what is the best way to build the image with installed applications/software, and drivers and sp1 for vista

(I was reading somewhere that said to do a normal install and then when the installation is finished and the OOBE screen comes up press ctrl+shift+F3 to enter audit mode, after this you install you applications. shutdown. boot into windows pe and capture an image with imagex)

Not sure if that is the best or most appropriate way

thanks for any help. if there is a simple tute (about adding apps to the image) that you know of please post a link

Jason :hello:

Edited by jason.claude

That way may work if you are only building an image for the machine you are capturing from. Otherwise, you are going to want to do a sysprep, else after you deploy, Vista won't start with the "hardware has changed" message.

Thanks for that,

What does Sysprep do then, i thought it just removed all user specific info and requested the user configuration on reboot.

sorry if this is realy basic but I am new to this and while I have read tutes on how to do this most of them don't accomplish exactly what i want to do which is just to create a vista setup dvd that also includes a couple of applications, including Ati catalyst control Center, Office 2007, notepad++, and powerarchiver.

anyway thanks for the help and the info in this forum is the best I have found on the web

Jason