TCPIP.sys and uxtheme.dll patching with SP3

Trel

• 3 months later...
no. I tested on 2600.080413-2111 (Service Pack 3) and found Uxtender to patch the sp3 uxtheme.dll. Now I'm fiddling to get it to integrate

Hm. Is it right to conclude that nLite does not patch a file if a 3rd party application thinks it still needs to path that particular file?

Probably not, because I use the option in nLite and can use unsigned themes (which to me appears to be a more valid test).

I wasn't concluding that it didn't work because uxtender did work: I tried nLite on SP3 (I know it has worked for me with Sp2) and it does not work. Themes are integrated, components are removed, tweaks tweaked, but no unsigned themes. Eg: I set apperance to luna royal, black compact. Applies windows classic theme. No modified shell or anything. Anyway, I've been able to use uxtender to patch uxtheme.dll, but having trouble integrating it with hfslip. I've tried fix, appreplacement, now i'm cabbing it up and trying replace/i386. I'll post back with results. So far no luck.

ninjaneo,

Have you tried using makecab to convert your uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.DL_ and overwriting the one in the i386 folder? I could find no other copies in my CD copy. Of course there could be more in a .cab file.

Seems too easy.

Enjoy, John.

Edit: I just tried this and it worked! Surprised me! I should point out that I did nothing with nLite but make the ISO (after I copied my modified DLL files to AMD64 folder - I'm running XP x64). Perhaps if nLite was applying an SP or other updates, I may have lost my changes. But it is a start. Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc

I was able to get uxtheme working in Sp3, using HFEXPERT/APPREPLACEMENT (drop your modified dll's in there). I'm no longer positive that nLite does not work with sp3, it could have been my error. I may have only included part of the resources for the theme I was applying.