mmdriver.inf, Windows XP Professional (x64)

RickSteele

anybody have this concern?; when opening WMP11 to set my "Devices", and open up the audio portion to set preferences, I get the install mmdriver.inf in system32 to reinstall the codecs, no matter what I do, it fails to install; it's not corrupt or missing, and my sound works very well-gaming or otherwise.

My nlited ISO is very, very conservative

anybody have this concern?; when opening WMP11 to set my "Devices", and open up the audio portion to set preferences, I get the install mmdriver.inf in system32 to reinstall the codecs, no matter what I do, it fails to install; it's not corrupt or missing, and my sound works very well-gaming or otherwise.

My nlited ISO is very, very conservative

I guess the question becomes how did you install wmp11, and how does your last session look like?

http://www.msfn.org/board/HOWTO-create-a-f...-D-t105277.html

is a good guide, i use it as a template.

I'm currently building/testing my new xp pro x64 install.

I slipstreamed wmp11 by using the booogie 1.2 installer. Works perfect here, and done that zillion times, never had such weird errors.

Difference from my setup here, is that it is very lite, removing just about everything, but keeping network/lan, but i even remove some of the things marked as red by nuhi that it says i shouldnt remove on order to keep functionality. Some things really needs an update.

Distributed transaction coordinator works just fine to remove, hadnt found any problems with that so far.

Are you currently in a limited account or administrator type? Old slipstream wmp booogy pre 1.2 at least had some problems with limited accounts.

I've never been in limited account so couldnt tell if this could be such a problem.

I pretty much tried http://www.msfn.org/board/HOWTO-create-a-f...-D-t105277.html as a rough template-he's possibly short 2 updates-KB936357 and KB921503, I want to look into those more; I slipstreamed IE7 and the 3 hotfixes separately after the rest...I noticed my Fast User switching is missing in services so I'm thinkin' a corrupted ISO, or the Client services update slipstreamed/installed badly. I've just finished making a new disc and will report back tomorrow.

Like you I always run as admin-full-no other accounts, this is a gaming machine..........also, I am new to XP (x64), just received/purchased it last Friday, and am in the process of getting it to where I want it. Thanks for the reply and I will post back here tomorrow night.

Cheers,

Rick

Edited by RickSteele

On my current test install of x64 i dont miss any hotfix updates according to windows update, and i have only downloaded updates according to Kurt's guide. However, on my nlite disc i remove among other things Outlook express, i'm not sure but i am going to test without OE hotfixes when OE is removed. It shouldnt display that i miss the hotfix, but perhaps it will anyway, lol.

small tip: when integrating drivers, you most likely can delete things like setup.exe and any things that has to do with driver installation per normal.

F.ex nvidia .bmp files etc. Also uninstallers. Works ok here, but gonna need 1 more run to be sure that latest drivers work.

I think you should check all you partitions for errors just to be sure, and start with a fresh x64 image and take it from there. I've installed x64 dozens upon dozens of times, and never had that error. And times i have had errors it's always been either faulty burn or something crashed during creation of image because of too much overclock or disc activity/lock up in system at some crucial moment in the process of making xp image/finishing it off.

Well, I've burned 3 disks and just finished the fourth fresh install, same diff.... No corrupted hardware-ran thorough checkdisk on all, and nothing crashes...so I'm at a loss. I will try doing it Kurt's way for the hotfixes and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the input...will report back.

I got a bit curious about the wmp11 integration. So now, after a bit research, i am finally making the iso with xp x64 sp2 very very lite, with wmp11

*without* wmp network/sharing services and some .bmp and .jpg picture files. Saves 1 windows service, or 2 perhaps, some megabyte space, about 15-20 files or so. Crossing fingers =) New version 1.2.3 or so, out of booogy slipstreamer, so first run with that. Out of all the hotfixes on the booogy wmp site, about 16 of them are possible to install on x64, however, i took up the subject with Kurt, and basically you will never need so many hotfixes.

I choose to update just the 4 as thats what windows update will give you. A really good effort by Kurt there.

I've tried to click on all possible things in options in wmp11, but cant reproduce that error =(