Usernames

njcomputers

Where does nLite store the usernames created by the GUI? I looked in txtsetup.sif and winnt.sif but couldn't locate them. It seems that the names I create accumulate from build to build. I like to import the settings from the previous builds to save time as opposed to creating a new project, but when I remove a user from the GUI and then create a new user, that install of XP has both users. Even if I rename an existing user, the old name still shows up as a user account in Windows. I can manually delete them from within Windows or even through a script, but I'd rather not have to.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Where does nLite store the usernames created by the GUI? I looked in txtsetup.sif and winnt.sif but couldn't locate them. It seems that the names I create accumulate from build to build. I like to import the settings from the previous builds to save time as opposed to creating a new project, but when I remove a user from the GUI and then create a new user, that install of XP has both users. Even if I rename an existing user, the old name still shows up as a user account in Windows. I can manually delete them from within Windows or even through a script, but I'd rather not have to.

Thanks

airbon, sounds like to me that your are running nLite more than once against the same source. This can lead to serious and strange results including yours. You should always start with a fresh copy of your CD file/folders and run nLite only once. NLite does not remember user names and you should not be getting old ones in your installation. The user accounts are created in nLite.inf (compressed into NLITE.IN_). If you have any further questions, please attach your Last Session.ini. Enjoy, john.

As -X- said, the info is stored in last session_u.ini that is reimported by the OP.

Now wether he rebuilds with original files or not is not clear but the fact he searches textsetup.sif and winnt.sif for that info indicates he expects them to be modified (unless he searches between nlite process and "make iso").

Anyway, I think I remember similar problems changing unattended settings and that there is a (now eternal) bug reimporting and modifying users from previous sessions.

If so, solution is to manually delete the lines from last sesion_u.ini before loading it (or pasting lines from one that had no modified users).