Problem changing user logon background color...

I've been teaching myself how to build a custom logonui, and have been mostly successful ... but I can't figure out this problem. There's a solid black background color behind the users area that fades in (from solid black to transparent) when the mouse hovers over the area. I want to change (or remove entirely) the color of this area.

I've changed any colors I can find in the UIFILE to be transparent and white (argb(0,255,255,255)) but it still hasn't gone away. I have one image that's completely black (126 - it's a 1x1 black pixel), but I changed that to the default transparent color and it still didn't change.

Any help with this issue will be appreciated.

post-191951-1210818204_thumb.jpg

You change only colours? ore more?

Because i have in may list only the line numbers (original Version),

and for your field there a line

#568 = background colour focus

#669 = background colour with out focus

Yeah, I changed the value on both those lines to

argb(0,255,255,255)

The real strange thing is, when I hover over my name, it does the fade animation from transparent to solid black, but when the animation finishes it switches to completely transparent again.

I found a temporary fix for this to remove the color entirely - I commented out the animation and alpha lines in the logonaccount items (lines 163, 164, 168, 263, and 268 in my attached UIFILE) This will work for me, but I'd still like to know what was causing the black background.

UIFILE01000.txt

Oh, I'm glad it's working now. And thanks for helping me out! (I hope I didn't sound ungrateful...)

I just wanted to know what was going on in case I actually want to change that area to a different color in the future. Maybe it was just a random glitch, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna want to make a few more tweaks before I'm satisfied, but I'll be sure to post when I'm done. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...