how can I access another account in another windows

jason logan

Hi guys, :hello:

I have problem in my ex XP windows and i try to fix and reinstall it from cd but no benefit so i install another XP to accessing the ex XP windows to take my files from it but when i trying access it give me that message "accesssing denied" and i cant enter to that account of ex XP windows by new XP windwos so how can i access it ?

what is "ex XP"?

old XP :blushing:

You should be able to right-click on the files and/or folders to see the properties and take ownership of them under the security settings. This is assuming you are using an admin account in the "new" xp and that your partitions are NTFS and the files aren't encrypted.

what is "ex XP"?

old XP :blushing:

You should be able to right-click on the files and/or folders to see the properties and take ownership of them under the security settings. This is assuming you are using an admin account in the "new" xp and that your partitions are NTFS and the files aren't encrypted.

I'm sorry to late :rolleyes:

when i click right in acount folder of old XP from my new XP it say the foder size is zero and I cant access it at any way, so what you suggest?

more info : I have both XP windows in one partition

Edited by jason logan

That is strange...I would think if the folders contained files you should not see a size of "0", plus if you are a local admin you should be able to access the security tab of the file/folder properites as well.

You could always try booting to a "live CD" like BartPE or Knoppix to see if you can access the folders that way.

That is strange...I would think if the folders contained files you should not see a size of "0", plus if you are a local admin you should be able to access the security tab of the file/folder properites as well.

You could always try booting to a "live CD" like BartPE or Knoppix to see if you can access the folders that way.

before create new winXP and replace the windows folder of old winXP I used PE Builder v3.10a to made cd but every time trying to boot it message show up " i386\system32\c_1252.nls could not be loaded. Error 14 " do you think may be i should try Knoppix ?!

I think maybe there is miss understanding, I have exactly one winXP with tow account one of them was for old winXP but I replace the windows folder only of the old winXP with new winXP only and create new account, the Q is how could I access the old account by my new account and pay attention both of this accounts are admin

You should be able to right-click on the files and/or folders to see the properties and take ownership of them under the security settings.

Keep in mind that the Security tab doesn't exist on XP Home. It also won't show if he has Simple File Share enabled.

If you're on XP Pro, follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer

2. Click on Tools and select Folder Options

3. Go to the View tab

4. Scroll all the way down and uncheck 'Use simple file sharing (Recommended)'

5. Click on OK

If you're on XP Home, see the following:

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t49800.html

http://www.tweakxp.com/article37380.aspx

Also note that the Security tab will display on XP Home in Safe Mode.

You should be able to right-click on the files and/or folders to see the properties and take ownership of them under the security settings.

Keep in mind that the Security tab doesn't exist on XP Home. It also won't show if he has Simple File Share enabled.

1. Open Windows Explorer

3. Go to the View tab

5. Click on OK

my os is winXP pro but your way doesn't work

when i click right in acount folder of old XP from my new XP it say the foder size is zero and I cant access it at any way, so what you suggest?

This is what will happen when you don't have the appropriate permissions to view the contents of a folder. It doesn't mean there aren't any files in there, just that you don't have permission to access them. As others have suggested, you need to take ownership of these folders, before you can open them successfully.

1. Open Windows Explorer

3. Go to the View tab

5. Click on OK

When you say it doesn't work, can you please provide more details. Do you meant that you can't disable simple filesharing in this way? Once you have disabled simple filesharing then you need to take ownership, using the "Permissions" tab when you slect "Properties" from a right-click on the files.

This is what will happen when you don't have the appropriate permissions to view the contents of a folder. It doesn't mean there aren't any files in there, just that you don't have permission to access them. As others have suggested, you need to take ownership of these folders, before you can open them successfully.

1. Open Windows Explorer

3. Go to the View tab

5. Click on OK

When you say it doesn't work, can you please provide more details. Do you meant that you can't disable simple filesharing in this way? Once you have disabled simple filesharing then you need to take ownership, using the "Permissions" tab when you slect "Properties" from a right-click on the files.

I'm sorry for late reply, I reinstall my OS again for scond time and I was able partial to access my old account but the folder and files inside I can't (like My Documents, Favorites, Desktop.. etc)

problemeu6.th.jpg

but that not all I scanned my system with Spybot Antispyware and I found my old account infected with Virtumonde Virus and other viruses

viruseswd7.th.jpg

what you think?!

Edited by jason logan

I'm not sure about your viruses but you should still be able to access your old files. It may pay to get rid of the malware first. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like most of the positives in Spybot are just cookies (but can't be sure about that from here!)

To access your old files you need to do the following:

1. Disable "Simple File sharing". To do this, follow the directions posted above or look here (google is your friend) You said above that it "didn't work" but you didn't explain yourself so I don't understand the context!

2. Take ownership of the files/folders - this involves right-click>Properties>Security tab>Advanced>Owner tab>make your current user account the owner, tick the box that says "Replace owner of subcontainers and objects">Click OK (more info can be found here - google is your friend again!)

3. Sit back, relax and enjoy your new found access to your old files!

If you need any more help that's fine but I'll need a little more info about what you are doing and where the problems are occurring.

Edited by angrypenguin

I'm not sure about your viruses but you should still be able to access your old files. It may pay to get rid of the malware first. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like most of the positives in Spybot are just cookies (but can't be sure about that from here!)

To access your old files you need to do the following:

1. Disable "Simple File sharing". To do this, follow the directions posted above or look here (google is your friend) You said above that it "didn't work" but you didn't explain yourself so I don't understand the context!

2. Take ownership of the files/folders - this involves right-click>Properties>Security tab>Advanced>Owner tab>make your current user account the owner, tick the box that says "Replace owner of subcontainers and objects">Click OK (more info can be found here - google is your friend again!)

3. Sit back, relax and enjoy your new found access to your old files!

If you need any more help that's fine but I'll need a little more info about what you are doing and where the problems are occurring.

man I love :thumbup finaly it have access I can't believe it :thumbup