Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.6.2

mara-

Hi mara-

Tested 1.6 with my Office 2003 (Swedish) with some issues:

- When pasting location for setuppro.exe the information is placed in the Admin Install location field.

- When adding 3 ChainedInstall the pane and setuppro.ini is updated with 3xsetuppro.exe, not the actually file names ("comp.pack, sp1 and kb947801"). Uploading log and setuppro.ini. Note that the adding of these files to ...\setup\ChainedInstall_1 - 3 was done correctly.

Forget my question about registry entries in earlier post, it works perfect.

Swedish .lng file uploaded yesterday.

Cheers

- The first thing you mentioned is normal now, if your administrative installation of office is located on hard disk.

- The second one you mentioned is a bug. Will be fixed in next beta.

And thanks for the language update, I totally missed you post.

Cheers ;)

Hello,

I just tried to perform Admin Install of my Office 2007 with your tool. I've entered PIDKEY and specified folder, but it writes, that Admin Install folder is not specified :} What I've done wrong?

Hello,

I just tried to perform Admin Install of my Office 2007 with your tool. I've entered PIDKEY and specified folder, but it writes, that Admin Install folder is not specified :} What I've done wrong?

Use first input field to select Setup.exe of your Office 2007. Use second input to choose some empty folder on hard drive.

More details in Help file. Open in Help file this: Office Slipstreamer Interface -> Tab: Slipstreamer.

Cheers ;)

mara-, hah, I understand how to use ;)

I'm glad that you figured it. If you have any other problem, just post here.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Have tested v.1.6 beta 2 and the Slipstreamer ran very smooth. When doing re-installation of Office I noticed

one issue:

The registry is not updated with the slipstreamed hotfixes. \Setup\Hotfixes.reg is created properly and when running it manually everything is ok. Checked with MS Update: No updates.

Cheers

Edited by schakan

Have tested v.1.6 beta 2 and the Slipstreamer ran very smooth. When doing re-installation of Office I noticed

one issue:

The registry is not updated with the slipstreamed hotfixes. \Setup\Hotfixes.reg is created properly and when running it manually everything is ok. Checked with MS Update: No updates.

Cheers

Can you give me more details? Did you repaired installation, or you completely removed office and then installed it, or you just updated it (this happens when you slipstream hotfixes and office installation asks you to update existing office on your system)?

As soon as you give me more details I'll check this. I don't see a reason why this would not work, since I did not change anything related to this.

Cheers ;)

I did the re-installation according to my usual procedures:

1. Created a new Office setup using Slipstreamer 1.6 B2 including hotfixes and Comp.pack patches. I always do this with a clean copy.

2. Created a new unattended setup. Used my old Unattended.mst as input.

3. Uninstalled Office from the Control Panel.

4. Checked the registry that Office and Comp.pack was gone.

5. Installed the new Office setup (unattended). So far everything was ok.

6. Checked the registry and Office and Comp.pack patches was there but no Office patches.

7. Checked ...Setup\Hotfixes.reg if something was wrong, but the file was ok. Ran the file manually and checked the registry again. Now the patches was registered ok.

8. Checked with MS Update if something was missing but it was ok.

Cheers

Edited by schakan

Hi there,

thanks for creating this neat tool! :thumbup

Here's my little contribution, a german translation.

Btw, is it possible that the current lng-template does not contain all strings yet that are used in the program? I think there are 2 or 3 translations left in English, even though I modified every single line?!

cheers,

Chris

german.rar

Hi there,

thanks for creating this neat tool! :thumbup

Here's my little contribution, a german translation.

Btw, is it possible that the current lng-template does not contain all strings yet that are used in the program? I think there are 2 or 3 translations left in English, even though I modified every single line?!

cheers,

Chris

Thanks for translation.

It is possible that some strings are still on English. Can you tell me which strings you noticed, so I can add it for translation?

Cheers ;)