File Copying Questions

At the moment I have WPI working rally well aaprt from one small issue which I think is down to my own lack of understanding.

But try as i might I can not get it to work.

I am using WPI to silently Install Quicktime and to copy across my preferences and user regisrtation details.

My WPI looks like:

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\software\\utilities\\Quicktime\\QuickTime.msi ISSETUPDRIVEN=1" REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn /passive]

cmd2[pn]=['filecopy "%cdrom%\\software\\utilities\\Quicktime\\QuickTime.qtp" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Apple Computer\\QuickTime\\QuickTime.qtp"']

cmd3[pn]=['filecopy "%cdrom%\\software\\utilities\\Quicktime\\com.apple.QuickTime.plist" "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Apple Computer\\QuickTime\\com.apple.QuickTime.plist"']

cmd4[pn]=['filecopy "%cdrom%\\software\\utilities\\Quicktime\\QuickTime.qts" "%PROGRAMFILES%\\QuickTime\\QTSystem\\QuickTime.qts"']

cmd1 and cmd4 works fine

cmd2 and cmd3 does not work (returned code 1 if that means anything in wpi log)

if I try to browse to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Apple Computer\\QuickTime\\ folder I get an error message that this does not exist.

So I am assuming my problem is something to do with copying a file to a folder that does not exist?

This would explain why cmd4 works fine as that folder does exist.

Could somebody help me to fix my cmd2 and cmd3 tog et the file copying working correctly?

Many thanks

• 2 months later...

You will have to insert a command to MAKEDIR for the destination folders first. It may take 2 or more calls, one for each sub-folder.

MAKEDIR "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Apple Computer"

MAKEDIR ""%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Apple Computer\\QuickTime\"

Then copy your file.