Adobe CS3 install

JayDogg

Hello everyone I have followed step by step what this guy says to do http://www.msfn.org/board/Adobe-CS3-Silent...ll-t101954.html

here is what he said

I found countless useful tips here on how to silently install my apps, so I thought I finally give something in return. This is based on Adobe instructions which are do not actually work, and information gleaned from other forums.

Here is how to silently install Adobe CS3 Applications, i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and Dreamwever. It is tested on these apps, but should work for all CS3 apps since they all follow the same method of installation.

1. The directory structure and name of the original CD or DVD is important. If you copy the installation files into a different folder name, then you MUST amend the setup.xml file that reside in the payloads folder. Open setup.xml using notepad, and inside between <Payloads> and </Payload> limiters, you find entries like <Payload folder="AdobeALMAnchorServiceAll">Adobe CS3</Payload> Here, Adobe CS3 is the folder name where setup.exe resides. Change Adobe CS3 to whatever is your current folder name. Not doing this will give you error code 4, since setup will not be able to find the installation files.

2. Next, in the payloads folders, select the main application folder. If it is Photoshop, it should be AdobePhotoshop10en_US_volume. If it is Dreamweaver, it will be AdobeDreamweaver9en_US. Inside, select file that end with ....proxy.xml. If is is Photoshop, it should be AdobePhotoshop10en_US_volume.proxy.xml. Edit this file with notepad. Use the find function to find <Requires> entry in the xml file, and delete all the entries between <Requires> and </Requires>, including <Requires> and </Requires> limiters. Doing this will show the options to allow you to select which components you want to install.

3. Now, from the setup root folder where setup.exe resides, from command prompt type: setup.exe --record=1

4. This will perform a record of the installation without actually installing the apps. From here, you can also select which of the options you want installed. Some options are critical, so if the apps do not run after installation, you have to come back to this step and re-enable the option.

5. After the recording of the installation is completed, go to the Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Installations folder. Inside will reside 2 xml files, one for installation and another for removal. Rename them install.xml and uninstall.xml respectively. Copy them to your setup folder.

6. Now, create application.xml.override file inside the application payload folder. The entry should be

CODE

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Configuration>

<Payload>

<Data key="Serial" protected="0">1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</Data>

<Data key="Registration">Suppress</Data>

<Data key="EULA">Suppress</Data>

<Data key="Updates">Suppress</Data>

</Payload>

</Configuration>

7. Finally, you can now silently install the apps with the command setup.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile=D:\Photoshop\install.xml.

8. Note that you must have the absolute directory path for the install.xml. It will give error code 4 or 5 is you do not.

9. If you still encounter errors, you should first have a look at the installation log that resides in Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Installations folder. Search for "ERROR" and it will usually give an indication of the error that has occurred.

I have done all that and added a runonce command of

%SOURCE%I386\SVCPACK\CS3\adobesetup.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile=D:\I386\SVCPACK\CS3\deployment\install.XML

but when it runs that command I get and error "uncaught javascript exception could not install the bootstrapper end adobe setup. exit code 4"

He says a code 4 is becasue "8. Note that you must have the absolute directory path for the install.xml. It will give error code 4 or 5 is you do not."

but Im think it is pointed at the directory patp, so I tried putting the CS3 folder in $OEM$\$1 folder so it gets dropped on C:\ and had the runonce command be:

C:\CS3\adobesetup.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile=C:CS3\Deployment\install.XML

witch Im sure is the right directory path but I still get the same error

and one more thing the application.xml.override file I created inside the application payload folder, does it just have to be in that payload folder to work or does something have to trigger it or set it off?

Any Help with this would be great :wacko: