Intel INF Drivers

piphil

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious here...

I'm trying to make a slipstreamed XP Pro SP3 disk for a laptop. I'm having great trouble finding anything on the Intel download website that allows you do extract inf files for the chipset however. I've managed to find drivers for LAN, touchpad, pretty much everythign else as far as I can tell!

The only downloads I can find have .exe files, and those .exe files don't seem to be de-compressable as with some of the other drivers I've come across. I've downloaded the infinstall files from Intel but can't find any infs in there at all!

Where are the infs hiding?

Out of interest, given the laptop is running at the moment find with it's current drivers, is there any way to find out which drivers the system is using and extract them from the operating system for use in the slipstream?

Other than this I've found nLite an exceedingly easy program to use, with many useful features. Many thanks! :-)

I also had a bit of a challenge in finding my drivers. What I did was use the following program:

http://www.drivermagician.com/ You ask it to find the 'non' microsoft drivers and it was able to find everything I needed in one step. I don't use the printer or scanner ones, just the normal ones, monitor, intel, system, etc. All the ".inf's" are found and placed in one folder which you can use in nlite driver intergration portion.

Hope this helps.