Color schemes in Windows XP SP2

In Windows XP SP2 I am using the classic Windows 2000 theme. And I have colored it under DISPLAY PROPERTIES -> APPERANCE -> ADVANCED section.

Now I am interested how could I save these color profile?

Edited by BigDaddy

Because no experts come and have an answer, I'll try to help you, BigDaddy.

- After you finish modifying your theme, run Regedit.

- Now go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Appearance\Schemes

- On the right panel, choose the name of the classic theme you want save and then export it as a .reg file.

I am not use to doing this because I only use modern themes. If there is something wrong with what I told you, maybe someone will correct it. Good luck!

I'm terribly sorry, BigDaddy, if it doesn't work. I don't use classic themes so I am not sure if we can save a modified theme. I hope you don't lose your theme by doing what I said. I think we will have to wait for some other help.

By the way, when I have to work a lot with the registry, I use Registry Workshop. I can easily export a single value, which I can't do when using the Registry Editor. And I can always undo any changes I've made. You can try it from this link:

http://www.torchsoft.com/en/rw_information.html

Sorry again for the wrong help, BigDaddy.

BigDaddy, then you may try this, (no need to do anything with the registry):

- After modifying your theme on tab Appearance and feeling pleased with it, go back to tab Theme.

- The theme you want to save must be My Current Theme (Modified) on the dropdown list. Press the button Save As... next to it.

- Now give it a name. Then press Save. It will be a Windows theme file.

When you double click on this saved theme, you can apply it through the Display Properties. I hope it works this time.