No AERO for new users

Raynor

As topic's title says, when I create new user account and that user logs on first time, he gets Vista Basic theme. And so with every new user account Enabling Aero manually afterwards works fine.

What might be the cause of this behaviour? I didn't notice this prior Vista SP1. (the system where is occurs is clean installed from integrated Vista SP1 media).

Any ideas? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I noticed this aswell, today actually. I found out that it was because my computer hadn't recived any Windows Experience Index rating. After if ran the Windows Experience rating app. I was able to choose the Windows Aero interface.

Set Vista to Windows Classic mode and you don't have to worry about having special requirements to make Windows look "pretty" I think it's better to have windows more functional then pretty...

Is there a legitimate reason for needing Aero?

Set Vista to Windows Classic mode and you don't have to worry about having special requirements to make Windows look "pretty" I think it's better to have windows more functional then pretty...

The windows looking pretty doesn't reduce their functionality at all... it does help when you have to stare at something all day, i would take the pretty windows :)

Ignoring a symptom of a problem wont make it go away. If part your OS refuses to function properly and you dont know why and dont care why then youre just opening yourself up to potential problems down the road. Would you ignoring it if your leg stopped working just because you werent planning on getting out of the chair for a while?

How does making Windows look less "pretty" make it more functional? Turning off Aero will not noticeably increase performance. If you like using classic mode, and it gives you a (false) sense of elitism, go ahead.

If they like the look of Aero, then there is no reason for them not to use it.