Help needed! XP SP2 + vLite 1.1.6RC

panderson

Hi folks!

I try to "vLite" my Vista Business (ENG) version for my eeepc but without success...

On my desktop PC is running:

- XP SP2 (not nLite-d version, natively Hungarian, no MUI pack)

- Nod32 Antivirus v3.x

My XP keeps crashing when finished copying the files from the DVD to HDD, the version numbers seem to appear on the welcome screen of vLite, bur right before the pop-up screen for the selection of the version I need (Home, Basic, Business, etc..) the PC restarts.

After rebooting XP says that the system has had a serious problem, etc.. in fact drwin apperas and suggests to send the crash-info to MS. Okay...

In the event log there is an error with code 1003 (on the attachment is the whole screenshot).

Now I've deactivated the Antivirus and automatic system restart on XP but these things don't help.

Please give me any advice!

Thanks in advance!

P

EDIT: If there is a topic for this issue, please link it! I've searched the forum but found no topics concerning this.

post-189691-1209740388_thumb.jpg

Edited by panderson

I have the same problem, not only with this version of vLite but previous one's too.

I'm running Windows XP Media Center (Dell Dimension 9150)

When i try to load the vista install directory from hd, windows crashes hard with a blue screen.After startup there is a lot of activity of my hd and sometimes it won't even start normal.

I don't use NOD 32 but AVG.I tried it again without it but still the same problem.

I have Vista Business on an other hd and there it works like a charm so it can't be my hardware.And also on Vista i've got AVG running so it can't be that.

Would be nice if it could work in XP too.

Edited by koknie