Blue screen after XP install

lovedoctx

I have a CD for WIndows XP SP0. I can install it without a problem. The problem is I really don't feel like downloading the entire updates from the Microsoft website every time I re-install Windows XP. I decided I was going to use nLite to slipstream all my updates into my XP CD. After making my CD I install Windows XP with this CD. After it is done installing it starts to want to load up Windows. I get to the point with the Windows logo with the progress bar and all of a sudden a blue screen flickers and restarts the PC. It flashes so quick that I can't read anything it says. It does this with the Update and Full Install of XP. If anyone has had the same problems and has a solution or just have a solution, please help. Thank you.

use nLite to slipstream all my updates into my XP CD.

Exactly what updates are you including ? (don't need the full 100names of KB list but an idea of what you are doing).

Wouldn't you just wait a few days for SP3 to avoid further headaches ? ;)

When I started out I was including all my drivers, tweaks, SP2, hotfixes, patches and unattended setup. I got the blue screen. I then decided to just do the drivers, same problem. Then just the SP2, again, same problem. With and without unattended setups.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for diggin up some crap, but I must in order to get some help.

Have the same (exactly same) problem on my EEE PC 900.

But I figured out some interesting things.

When I install this build, everything is fine.

When I install full build of my WinXpsp2Pro, everything is fine.

When I nLite my WinXpsp2Pro to the same shape as first build, it crashes "and all of a sudden a blue screen flickers and restarts the PC"!

(I even unchecked "Manual Install and upgrade" box).

Tried to make some comparsion between builds, but it didn't reveal any clue, looks identical. Except minlogon.exe, but it's not important, as we can notice.

So, what kind of simple stupid error is it? =) Does anybody know?

Edited by noname113

if you remvoed hardware support try keeping all hardware support and drivers, and keep your other settings the same see if u still get a bluescreen... And can you also tell me what the bluescreen is saying. sometimes they give usefull information. most of the time they dont.

Yeah, I removed those components, but strange thing is -

I have tried to nLite (in the exactly same way) my old version of WinXPpro w/o any service pack (but with slipstreamed SP2 in nLite) and it's worked. Strange, huh?

What about bsod, I can't see the info it shows, cause it skips too quickly, but I believe that's some kind of session3_initializition_failed error.

Edited by noname113