Laptops Give Weird Error

Ok here it goes lol

I have to laptops that are exactally the same. One loaded windows xp perfect with no problems but the other one i loaded and worked fine for about 2 hours then keeps comming up with "Non-System disk or disk error, replace and strike any key when ready" error.

I am very familiar with this problem, the 2 laptops have fdd's and cd-roms. Heres what i have tried so far..

1. I have tried to reformat the hdd and reloaded the OS which i cant get to be sucessful because the laptop is now giving me a hard time trying to get cd to boot (realy only my xp cd's)

2. I have scanned the HDD with several HDD scanners to see if i could find any bad sectors or whatnot. All test came in fine.

3. I took the hdd out the other laptop that was finished loading with all the drivers and that was also tested with the hdd tester and still after putting that pre-loaded hdd in the non-working laptop and it still stops at that spot on booting and gives the error.

4. I removed the FDD just incase there was some problem that the floppy drive is showing their is a disk in it.

5. I removed the cd from the cd rom.

Basically it is showing nothing on the hdd when i have a fully loaded hdd. The error almost refers to older machines when you have a floppy drive in the computer that its trying to boot from and its not a boot disk.

Any suggestions would be realy nice.

Computer models are Compaq Armada 1750

Thanks!