Help with Vista

I needed help with Vista after using vLite. I used it to create an unattended setup for vista ultimate, but now the option to install vista ultimate says vista (vLite) ultimate. I desperately need help on how to change the name back to vista ultimate

That would be the catalogue file it is referring to, simply delete that file or use the waik & make your own with a valid answer file, you really need to post this in the VLite section of this forum. All the answers are here if you care to Search....

The names and descriptions of the images are embedded in the install.wim file... However, you can rename them using the ImageX utility supplied with the Windows AIK (Automated Installation Kit). Usage is the following, and I quote 'ImageX Command-Line Options' @ http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista...2592e91033.mspx

imagex /info img_file [img_number | img_name] [new_name] [new_desc] {/boot | /check}

Returns the stored XML descriptions for the specified .wim file, including but not limited to the total file size, the image index number, the directory count, file count, and a description.

image_file

Specifies the name and the location of the .wim file for XML data review.

image_number

Specifies the number that identifies an image in the .wim file.

image_name

Specifies the name that identifies an image in the .wim file.

new_name

Specifies the new unique name for the specified image.

new_desc

Specifies the new description for the specified image.

You can also set the following options:

/boot

Marks a volume image as bootable. Available only for Windows PE images. Only one volume image can be marked as bootable within a .wim file.

/check

Checks the integrity of the .wim file. If not provided, existing checks are removed.

For example,

imagex /info d:\imaging\data.wim

So, the following is the way to go: imagex /info d:\imaging\install.wim 'Windows Vista ULTIMATE (vLite)' 'Windows Vista ULTIMATE' 'Windows Vista ULTIMATE' /check (check name/description, haven't got them handy).

Edited by ChimeraDev

That's right. When i tested vLite long ago i did that in order to change the image name.

Just make sure that your autounattend.xml file points to the newly renamed image, otherwise it won't work.