Ported to UBERskin: Crystal dlb 2/BE

A few people have made noise about wanting these, and it was not an easy one to port by any means. Here's Crystal dlb 2 and Crystal dlb BE, both ported and ready for use with UBERskin. They aren't without their faults, and a few things had to be done differently to work under a different skinning engine. Sorry ahead of time. It has a really cute little penguin for a start button, which probably explains the appeal ;*)

Original credit goes to dlb of CrystalXP.net

Below is a screenshot of black edition; the floppy must have a corrupted sector since the blue theme image is fried. Well, they're practically the same anyway.

dlbBE.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder.../Crystaldlb.zip

Crystaldlb.rar

Edited by Zoinkity

A few people have made noise about wanting these, and it was not an easy one to port by any means.

:whistle:

Here's Crystal dlb 2 and Crystal dlb BE, both ported and ready for use with UBERskin.

Col, but... what about icons ?

crystal-clear-0.jpg

Original credit goes to dlb of CrystalXP.net

Hope that's the starting point to port *other* bricopacks:

http://www.crystalxp.net/bricopack/en.htm

Cool work !

:rolleyes:

Oy... Look, I'm just doing the skin itself. Icons are easy enough to get, and besides, UBERskin doesn't apply them on its own.

Heck, I couldn't really apply them if I wanted too. This 2GB disk is down to 100MB of space. Probably time to remove some stuff ;*)

Zoinkity, I've just got your themes on my computer. I gave them 3/5 at first because they are BLACK and BLUE! But I decided to give them one more point when I hovered the mouse on the Start button and pressed it. It's funny to see Tux wave its wings and open its eyes large! And the black theme is a little strange with the Century Gothic (Western) font. Well, I think 4/5 is OK, right?

You know, the absolute best part of porting a skin is that you can redirect most of the critiscism to somebody else ;)

Tell you the truth, I can't stand them at all. I don't care for the round buttons and the taskbar (aegh...) The little tux though is just adorable ;*)

Tell you the truth, I can't stand them at all.
Does it mean that you don't want anyone to give their comments on your themes? If so, I won't any more. But I can't help trying a new theme when it is released. And too bad, you can't preventing me from doing that!
The little tux though is just adorable ;*)
Absolutely agree with you.

Does it mean that you don't want anyone to give their comments on your themes?

:lol: Oh no, sorry! That's not what I meant! I meant the crystal themes aren't particular favorites of mine. I only really did them since there have been a few requests, plus there were some tricky bits that seemed fun to try to port. If you compare this to the image source, you'll notice more than a few changes were made to port it.

You can say pretty much anything you like about them really. I just hope they're (fairly) true to the originals.

I know what you mean though about every theme being blue and black. There's a green one that's a personal favorite, and swap it out with a purple one to add a little variety.

Blue and black themes are quite OK to me. I just don't like when there are too many of them while the themes with other colors are so few. It's very funny that I always try to change some of Xstyle's themes to something red although I don't like red that much! Too bad, I'm not pleased with the modified ones at all, especially with the framecaption images. They look ugly and not as smooth as the original ones.

There's a green one that's a personal favorite, and swap it out with a purple one to add a little variety.
What green theme are you talking about? What is its name? I have to ask to avoid misunderstanding again.

What green theme are you talking about?

It's going to go unreleased, since I can't get permission to distribute. For the record, it's a port of simpleXP. Shame too, since it didn't come out half bad.

It's going to go unreleased, since I can't get permission to distribute.
Never mind, Zoinkity. Anyway I've already had Luna Homestead, a green theme which I made much greener than the original one.