NET Framework 3.5 x86 only

Nick_White

Hi,

I want to include .NET Framework 3.5 installer in my Windows XP CD (x86) for offline installation, but I want to get rid of the unnecessary files that it contains (for x64 and ia64).

For that, I used the guide from this thread http://www.msfn.org/board/GUIDE-Integratin...P1-t110788.html . Now here is the problem:

a) If I run dotNetFx35setup.exe without any switches, a probress bar (sloooooowly) loads, then a licence agreement appeares, asking me to download something worth 39 MB.

B) If I run dotNetFx35setup.exe with the switches according to the topic, the setup starts to download the package automatically. Tried the same with the Internet disconnected and the setup just stays in the background.

So it could be either:

- setup doesn't "recognize" the files in the dotNet* directories

- one *64* file is required even for the x86 installation

Can someone find a solution to this?

Edited by Nick_White

I want to include .NET Framework 3.5 installer in my Windows XP CD (x86) for offline installation, but I want to get rid of the unnecessary files that it contains (for x64 and ia64).

Have you tried the links provided by me on the bottom of that topic?

OK, I made a silent installer for x86 (59.8 MB in size). The files included:

C:\1\netfx20\ASPNET.msp

C:\1\netfx20\clr.msp

C:\1\netfx20\crt.msp

C:\1\netfx20\dw.msp

C:\1\netfx20\Netfx20a_x86.msi

C:\1\netfx20\NetFX_CA.msp

C:\1\netfx20\NetFX_Core.msp

C:\1\netfx20\NetFX_Other.msp

C:\1\netfx20\prexp.msp

C:\1\netfx20\winforms.msp

C:\1\netfx30\msxml

C:\1\netfx30\Netfx30a_x86.msi

C:\1\netfx30\RGB9RAST_x86.msi

C:\1\netfx30\WCF.msp

C:\1\netfx30\WCS.msp

C:\1\netfx30\WF.msp

C:\1\netfx30\WF_32.msp

C:\1\netfx30\WIC_x86_enu.exe

C:\1\netfx30\WPF1.msp

C:\1\netfx30\WPF2.msp

C:\1\netfx30\WPF2_32.msp

C:\1\netfx30\WPF_Other.msp

C:\1\netfx30\WPF_Other_32.msp

C:\1\netfx30\XPS.msp

C:\1\netfx30\XPSEPSC-x86-en-US.exe

C:\1\netfx30\msxml\msxml6.msi

C:\1\netfx35\vs_setup.cab

C:\1\netfx35\vs_setup.msi

In the previous topic, you said yours is 39.6 MB. Are there files that I keep and are unnecessary?

It seems there is a problem with mine: after all the progress bars dissapear, msiexec.exe and mscorsvw.exe are still running in background. I have an image with the batch script and the task manager.

post-181909-1206728716_thumb.jpg

In the previous topic, you said yours is 39.6 MB. Are there files that I keep and are unnecessary?

It seems there is a problem with mine: after all the progress bars dissapear, msiexec.exe and mscorsvw.exe are still running in background. I have an image with the batch script and the task manager.

59.8 MB is enormous. The uncompressed folder has 167 MB. What kind of repack did you use? I don't know which files are unnecessary. But I'am sure that you can cut down about 60-70 MB from uncompressed size if you don't use .NET platform to build some applications. It's normally that after installation of a program packed in msi format, msiexec service will continue to run in background.

mscorsvw.exe is a .NET Framework internal process. After all the progress bars dissapear, installation continue about one minut for .NET Framework 2.0.

I found another way:

In the Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition AIO .ISO, there is a NET Framework 3.5 installer (looks like a redistributable extracted). I deleted all the files for 64bit (remained 62.2 MB) and ran setup. The progress bar loaded way faster than the redistributable version and it didn't ask for downloading nothing.

• 2 weeks later...