Removing languages - what are the consequences?

Wuhtzu

Hey

I have often thought about removing all languages from my Windows XP Pro cd except for danish (my first language) and english (native language of the os, so can't be removed), but I don't know what the consequences are.

What happens when I remove languages, what can't I use anymore / view anymore?

Best regards

Wuhtzu

So if I remove some asian language I'm unable to see symbols (characters) from that language on for example a webpage?

So if I removed lets say danish and german I wouldn't be able to see Æ, Ø, Å (from danish) and Ö (from german)?

Just wanted to give an update on the matter:

I went ahead and removed all languages except for those under "Western Europe and United States" and did the installation just fine. Today, for the first time, I have noticed something which might be they way it is due to my language removal:

Take a look at this Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasabi

The very fist line contains (or at least I think it does) some asian symbols which are being displayed as ? in my browser (FF 2.0.0.13). This is what I see:

Wasabi (Japanese: わさび,ワサビ , 山葵 (originally written 和佐比); Wasabia japonica, Cochlearia wasabi, or Eutrema japonica) is a member of the Brassicaceae family...

Can you guys see some asian symbols instead of the question marks?

I can confirm, that there are asian symbols - no "?"!!! So this might be due to the removal of asian language...

I'm also asking myself if I can remove ALL languages and ALL keyboard-layouts - AFAIK the native language stays in the system, right? So my german XP will stay german if I remove all languages including the german-ones...I hope :blink:

I personally don't need to see language-symbols of languages, that I don't speak, read or write (and this is beside German only English and a little French!) :sneaky:

Regards

cool400 :ph34r: