BDA (Tv tuner support) on Server 2008/R2

shahed26

Lines of "\Setup For x64\Get BDA Vista Files.bat":

move %systemdrive%\bdaforserver\source\x64\System32\kstvtune.ax %systemroot%\system32

move %systemdrive%\bdaforserver\source\x64\System32\ksxbar.ax %systemroot%\system32

move %systemdrive%\bdaforserver\source\x64\SysWOW64\kstvtune.ax %systemroot%\SysWOW64

move %systemdrive%\bdaforserver\source\x64\SysWOW64\ksxbar.ax %systemroot%\SysWOW64

Needed and right?

Thats correct, these files needs to be present in that system32 or syswow64 directory, as tv applications needs these file in order for it to work

But Lines:

%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\kstvtune.ax

%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\ksxbar.ax

%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\system32\kstvtune.ax

%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\system32\ksxbar.ax

Not needed and bugged. Because this DLL don't have DllRegisterServer() entry.

Any register error of kstvtune.ax&ksxbar.ax must ignored. That right?

Correct again, these commands don't need to be there, as it can't register, because they don;t have any DllRegisterServer() entry. (sorry never updated my setup pack, but its fine, as it uses /s switch (silent) it does not interupt setup)

Sorry for my best English

Your english is fine

Edited by shahed26

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting success on my DVB-T USB stick; Geniatech t328b. Very nicely done, good bat files, tho I got an access denied somewhere whilst copying the files, everything works just fine. No complaints :D

Reporting success on my DVB-T USB stick; Geniatech t328b. Very nicely done, good bat files, tho I got an access denied somewhere whilst copying the files, everything works just fine. No complaints :D

No problems. In future to avoid access denied errors, run the bat as administrator :)

No problems. In future to avoid access denied errors, run the bat as administrator :)

Ofcourse I ran the file as administrator, also after the reboot when Windows find all the new hardware I got a lot of "Error in inf file" so in the device manager there is a long list of "Unknown devices" never the less watching TV is possible.

Ofcourse I ran the file as administrator, also after the reboot when Windows find all the new hardware I got a lot of "Error in inf file" so in the device manager there is a long list of "Unknown devices" never the less watching TV is possible.

Yes this is normal, just ignore the new found devices (click cancel),

and also after you restart again (2nd restart), these unknown devices goes away

I Guess you never read the instructions properly :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Have a Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD card. Windows 2008.

Since I did not have a 64 bit Vista installation i just expanded system32 and sysvow64 to the x64 source folder.

I then ran your script. It showed some missing files(because your script excpect some files to be at root of system32, when they infact are stored in system32\en-us).(and rebooted) I looked up the missing files, and copied them as well (and rebooted). Still no luck. I refreshed directx9.0c, still no luck.

First home cinema showed my device, but when I pressed scan nothing happened. I traced this with process monitor, and that lead me to missing registry entries.

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Microsoft-Multimedia->Tv-Tuningspaces). I looked at my 32 bit Vista installation, and just exported the keys for this card from here.

I also removed and reinstalled the driver for the card.

After this I am able to scan for channels, but it does not find any channels.

In the trace file for home cinema i find:

15:27:21.708 107904K( +1340) 5E4-FEC: ERR CreateTuningspace hr = 0x8000FFFF

15:27:21.957 112192K( +4288) 5E4-FEC: WRN Cinergy CI::Init -> KSPropertySet not supported (this device has no CI)

15:27:24.252 112724K( +532) 5E4-FEC: WRN TTLOC: Norwegian string NOT LOCALIZED: 'CH'

15:27:24.527 112724K( +532) 5E4-DC8: WRN CReceiverDVB_EM2883::TuneSetGraphParameters() - NO LOCK: Retry with Spectral Inversion =1

15:27:26.568 112740K( +16) 5E4-DC8: MSG CReceiverDVB::TuneScanLocator(0 MHz) - NO LOCK

Have you got any advice on how to proceed ?

Hi again

I extracted the files from the Vista x64 wim image. Used 7ZIP.

Sorry for not mentioning that.

Dont use tv applications supplied with your tv card, they dont work on server (because they rely heavily on Microsofts BDA files) Use 3rd party apps like progdvb, dvbdream, or the best one dvbviewer. They work fine

Please read instruction file carefully inside the BDA archive. It clearly says that after restart when you get prompt "found devices" just ignore and cancel and restart again.

let me know!!

Edited by shahed26

Hi

Tested both progdvb 5 and GB-PVR, but none of them does the job any better :=(

Both finds my device, but no channels found (Yes, I have tested the card/connection with XP, and it works fine there).

Progdvb5 searches, but no channels found. GB-PVR complains that it cannot connect to the device. It finds, and list the device.

//

Hi

Tested both progdvb 5 and GB-PVR, but none of them does the job any better :=(

Both finds my device, but no channels found (Yes, I have tested the card/connection with XP, and it works fine there).

Progdvb5 searches, but no channels found. GB-PVR complains that it cannot connect to the device. It finds, and list the device.

//

MSVidCtl.dll.mui (The most important file located “C:\Windows\System32\en-US) on vista, make sure that file is there copied properly on server 2008 in servers C:\Windows\System32\en-US directory .

And also the "MSVidCtl.dll" the main file for scanning channels to work, make sure that file is also copied properly in C:\Windows\System32 directory. If your on x64 server then make sure the x86 version of MSVidCtl.dll file is in syswow64 as well.

After that run the Setup BDA.bat again. (make sure you run the right bat file as there is one for 64bit and one for 32bit systems)

Hi

I verified that all files where in the right places, and they where.

I ran the ax/dll registration part once more.

I ran the inf files installation once more.

I ran some dependent inf file installs, like ks.inf, kscaptur.inf ...

Rebooted twice, and suddenly it found my tv channels :=)

Only thing Im missing now is sound :=)

Thanx for all help!

Hi

I verified that all files where in the right places, and they where.

I ran the ax/dll registration part once more.

I ran the inf files installation once more.

I ran some dependent inf file installs, like ks.inf, kscaptur.inf ...

Rebooted twice, and suddenly it found my tv channels :=)

Only thing Im missing now is sound :=)

Thanx for all help!

Sound problem could be a due to missing codecs, as server does not have these codecs. Download Vista codec pack or k-lite codec to make sound work and configure your tv application decoding properties to use right codecs. I would recommend k-lite codec, as it has cyberlinks SP video decoder (currently the best for video decoding and quality for tv apps) or optionally you can download that from Vista Codecs Packs Home page and use vista codec pack as this is the best codec pack i used ever.

That should do the trick..

Edited by shahed26

• 2 weeks later...
BDA (TV Tuner) support for Server 2008 x86 and x64

3 STEPS ONLY TO GET BDA ON SERVER (TV TUNER FUNCTION)

I compiled a setup file, that will add BDA (TV Tuner) function on Server 2008 x86 and x64, without any hassles.

I tested it on a clean installation several times, no issues at all

Hi .. can I get this to work in XP Professional 2002, Service Pack 3?

I have run into a major problem getting my TV tuner card to work in XP Pro, have posted about it in the Windows XP section, repeating it here in the hope that someone will be able to advise what I can do to fix this.

Synopsis:

=======

The problem is that my filter graph to control the tuner card works great in XP MCE 2005, does not work in XP Pro - BDA network provider filter cannot tune to signal - signal strength is always 0.

If anyone is interested and/or knows what the fix is, please check the detailed post at:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Need-help-Filter...CE-t122188.html.

Thanks in advance.

BDA (TV Tuner) support for Server 2008 x86 and x64

3 STEPS ONLY TO GET BDA ON SERVER (TV TUNER FUNCTION)

I compiled a setup file, that will add BDA (TV Tuner) function on Server 2008 x86 and x64, without any hassles.

I tested it on a clean installation several times, no issues at all

Hi .. can I get this to work in XP Professional 2002, Service Pack 3?

I have run into a major problem getting my TV tuner card to work in XP Pro, have posted about it in the Windows XP section, repeating it here in the hope that someone will be able to advise what I can do to fix this.

Synopsis:

=======

The problem is that my filter graph to control the tuner card works great in XP MCE 2005, does not work in XP Pro - BDA network provider filter cannot tune to signal - signal strength is always 0.

If anyone is interested and/or knows what the fix is, please check the detailed post at:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Need-help-Filter...CE-t122188.html.

Thanks in advance.

This is ONLY FOR SERVER 2008. Windows XP already has BDA function. No need for this setup pack. Regarding your problem, You can try installing the latest Directx 9 redist, to see if that solves your problem.