This Is What Happens When Computers Infuriate Me

Brando569

About 5 days ago this harddrive (which is out of my xbox) decided to not work anymore, which was odd considering it was a refurbished xbox which i had just gotten this chirstmas. I attempted to fix it by various means, and im attempting to put an 80gb drive in there but stuff doesnt want to go my way. XBOXHDM wont work with SATA cd drives (which is the only drive i have) so i cant create the partitions, Xebian (Debian w/FATX support) wont boot and the kernel keeps panicking, i cant patch the kernel in my kubuntu installation so it can support fatx because i dont know the process when using patch.gz files as opposed to bz2 patches, for some reason my computer doesnt want to boot with 2 HDDs on the primary PATA connector (only have one), but yet it will boot fine with one or the other connected. all of this enraged me and i had to let out my anger (with a hammer :lol:) and this is the end result:

DSC00173.jpg

Edited by Brando569

Hmmm, wrong method. :blink:

Next time you should remember to partition the drive properly:

http://members.aol.com/spoons1000/break/

Figure 4.4 shows partitioning of the drive using an ordinary hacksaw. Partitioning in this manner is advantageous over fdisk because it allows partitioning of individual platters and is independent of operating system. You also get to make cute designs.

defrag2.jpg

jaclaz

Hi all,

Yeah, I can understand the frustration. I think you're kinda brave taking on XBOX mods in any case. They are a mystery to me. I can see the attraction the alternative method suggested too...lol.

While we are discussing "destroyed" hard drives, does anyone know where I can get hold of a 'sectioned' HDD for use in class? It would be useful to display the 'innards' when I am tutoring my Computers For Beginners classes.

turns out i just fried the wd800jb i was going to put in my xbox, i accidentally touched two of the molex connectors together while the pc was on and it arced then my pc shut off i was like "please dont tell me that i just killed my computer!" luckily all was well, except for the hdd. it was only $20 from a friend, but still it sucks....