Enigma Software

Ok i talked to a user today who somehow decided that they had a trojan horse.

They of course called IT but unfortunatly, i was stretched pretty thin so i didnt get to it till near the end of the day (didnt sound like a legitimate and our distributed Mcafee AV said the system was clean)

by the time i got there the user had locked up their office but they told me they had already 'taken care of it themselves'. fearing the worst, i asked how they took care of it.

Step 1. Searched google for "trojan horse" (i guess i should be thankful they used Google and not MyWebSearch)

Step 2. found 'some enigma thing' that said I had 2 trojan horses (i think this is the software in question hXXp://www.enigmasoftware.com/spyhunter_more_info.php)

Step 3. installed said software -please dont ask why they have admin rights -it not my decision (though this will be added to the reasons why they shouldnt)

Step 4. bought the software because it said it wouldnt remove it unless i paid for it -thankfully it was a personal creditcard (not my problem)

I have to look at the machine tomorrow and im bringing the big guns (icesword, RKu, HijackThis, etc) and the system will of course be cleaned of all crap (including this "product")

but my questions are:

Has anyone here ever heard of this company?

Is this software actually worse than the viruses that may or may not have existed in the first place?

anyone wanna go talk to this user instead?