About 'DELCATS' section and Fred Vorck's fileset.

Martin H

I was just studying the batchfile code and then where wondering why HFSLIP sets 'SFCFIX=1' whenever 'FDVFILES\SFC*' is true ?

I'm asking because i have just started using Fred Vorck's fileset, and unless 'SFC.DL_.OFF' or 'SFCFILES.DL_.OFF' is renamed and placed into '\Replace\I386\' or '\HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT\', then SFC isn't disabled...

I'm myself disabling SFC and so i'm not having any problems with this, but i where just thinking that if someone where to select to delete CAT files, even though SFC weren't disabled, then it wouldn't be that good...

If i'm totally wrong here, then i apologise in advance...

:DELCATS
IF "%DELCATS%"=="0" GOTO :START
IF "%DELCATS%"=="1" GOTO :START
IF EXIST FDVFILES\SFC* SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST "%ALTSRCDIRS%REPLACE\I386\SFC*" SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST "%ALTSRCDIRS%HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT\SFC*" SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST SOURCE\cdromsp5.tst SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST HF\w2ksp5* SET SFCFIX=1
IF NOT DEFINED SFCFIX GOTO :START

Edited by Martin H

I guess that's new in the new fileset. They weren't "OFFed" in the filesets from May and December 2006.

Thanks for mentioning this. The new test release (sticky thread) checks the full name of both files before setting the SFCFIX variable.

Edited by Tomcat76

Thats what I get for not mentioning this to the HFSLIP devs :blink:

Yeah, after a gazillion installs I realized that SFC is really a good idea, not a bad one. In addition, it save some time at installation in the Pentium III era. Now, though, it's worth the extra 5 seconds.

Sorry about the lack of mention!

(BTW since I edit LAYOUT as well as TXTSETUP, and since I comment out some device drivers in TXTSETUP, Windows with my fileset installs faster than an nLited install. Not that that's a big deal since it only happens once, after all.)