.Net 3.0 and 3.5 OK?

Thanks, Kelsenellenelvian for your reply.

I assume this means that all three would be installed and explains why the installer is >200MB while the 3.0 one is only 90MB. Would I see all three in the Add/Remove list? Is it ever necessary to have more than one version of .NET? I installed .NET to accommodate applications that required it and have (obviously) little knowledge on it. On my current machine I had installed 2.0 then installed 3.0 when the update came out. I was surprised when both 2.0 and 3.0 showed in Add/Remove and wondered if I could remove 2.0. Can I install only 3.0 and have all my applications run or do some really require only 2.0? Some applications do say 2.0 or higher but most do not and some say 2.0 but don't specify 'only.'

Perhaps the full redistribution packed for 3.5 is trying to tell me something by including all three versions.

Thanks for any help you can give. I am learning a lot in my slipstreaming voyage.

John

It has been said that there are a very few apps out there that need .net 1.1 (Haven't run into one yet)

YES apparently all 3 version in the 3.5 pack are needed as some of the apps are compiled differently between versions.

Here is a pic of the resulting 3.5 installation.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Thanks, Kelsenellenelvian for your reply. The screen shot was very instructive. I could not quite see the size of 3.5 but it looked like 34MB - much smaller (perhaps MS is getting better). I too have not neeeded 1.1.

Thanks also jcarle. I will definitely install 3.5 when I upgrade.

Thanks to both!......John