System locks before completing the install

DJBuRaK

Hello dear folks;

I have spend quite a few hours and this thing is making me crazy since I know I followed all directions real well. I would appreciate any help!

-I modified an XP pro OEM disk with Dell Latittude drivers (4 different kinds of wifi adapters, vga, audio, lan, sound and intel chipset driver set) and than I added avgfree, adobe reader, java, 7-zip addons, I set some windows features (display resolution, start menu, desktop items, windows key, owner name, user account, workgroup name, timezone, pretty much all I could select than I created the iso disk and burned it. Problem is installation finishes and at the screen after the last reboot where it says (please wait) I think place where it usually asks the increase graphical features and locks up there. I tried hard reset and system comes to login screen where it says applying settings and locks again. Because Dell has different modem wifi drivers and few files for chipsets I added them all than I thought maybe having wrong drivers caused this problem than I made a second disk with only drivers I knew for sure were right but same exact problem.

Any idea why is this happening to me :)

I downloaded the latest nLite 1.41 and got the addons from this forum for the application add-ins.

Any help highly appreciate it!

XP pro OEM

pretty much all I could select

Any idea why is this happening to me :)

Bolding is mine.

See this for some general advice:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Vista-single-CD-t97813.html

Point is that you should start from default settings and ADD or REMOVE just a few things at the time, in order to be able to identify WHAT breaks the build.

Moreover, generally speaking some OEM sources (typically DELL ones) have some modified files that make the build not work properly, if it's a "generic" OEM CD, it should work allright.

jaclaz

Well that makes sense, I gotta somehow locate an updated XP PRO OEM disk. Problem is I guess whatever I locate online is all ripped cds of Dell or other manufacturer's bundeld stuff. How can you tell if an XP cd is generic OEM?