1.6 - Unable to extract IS

MysteryFCM

After updating innounp.exe, I tried using UE to extract Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8i. The extraction process seems to work well. The 6.73MB installer yielded 180 files contained in 15 folders, totaling 28.7MB. Near the end of the extraction, I got this error message:

post-118612-1223694248_thumb.png

As far as I can tell, the extraction was successful, so why am I getting this?

Edited by herbalist

what would be really sweet is if universal extractor could self update, as in being smart enough to know when there is a new version of an internal tool used and ask the user if they wish to update and download the new build and then extract automatically...

I agree that it would be a very nice feature. However, aside from the amount of time it'd take to properly implement and test, I'm reluctant to do this because it can potentially break support for certain filetypes. For example, if a new version of innounp was released that required an additional argument, that new argument has to be hardcoded into UniExtract. Otherwise, UniExtract could no longer open Inno Setup installers, because it wouldn't know how to properly call innounp to do the job.

As far as I can tell, the extraction was successful, so why am I getting this?

It looks like you're running this under Windows 9x. I had to throw some ugly hacks in there to make it semi-functional under that OS, but, really, it was never that reliable to begin with. You just hit one of the bugs that I was never able to fully work out. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything that you can do about it.