Delete Permission

tagwar

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure I missed this, but I'm going to ask anyway. You're on an NTFS volume, and not FAT32, right?

I know, I know, but I had to ask.

i am in NTFS drive only

i hope you can help in this

Ok, for testing purposes, go to the screen you show in your Feb 27 2008, 09:57 PM post.

Go ahead and click DENY for deleting. It really is better to leave a box unchecked, I agree, but we're testing here.

See if explicitly clicking Deny works at all. If it does not work, then something is wrong on the drive or its filesystem. The only time permissions won't work is if the filesystem is not NTFS, so this is very strange.

Ok, for testing purposes, go to the screen you show in your Feb 27 2008, 09:57 PM post.

Go ahead and click DENY for deleting. It really is better to leave a box unchecked, I agree, but we're testing here.

See if explicitly clicking Deny works at all. If it does not work, then something is wrong on the drive or its filesystem. The only time permissions won't work is if the filesystem is not NTFS, so this is very strange.

if i check deny option it's working 100% fine :thumbup

it deny everything :unsure:

i can creat new folder in the drive but i can't rename it even :angry:

by the way

i format the system around week ago and still give me the same problem

so i think it's something related to configeration.

This one may sound even sillier... but are you using a genuine Microsoft source? Did you use any non-MS hotifxes? Is it possible that there are non-MS files on your system that have been tampered with that disable your security settings?

I know the possibility is very remote.

This one may sound even sillier... but are you using a genuine Microsoft source? Did you use any non-MS hotifxes? Is it possible that there are non-MS files on your system that have been tampered with that disable your security settings?

I know the possibility is very remote.

i am using genuine windows and it's up to date from MS only i didn't install any other hotfix

i really hope to find solution to this problem