Auto ISO making problem...

Martin H

Firstly, i just wanted to say many thanks to TommyP and Tomcat76 and whoever else has contributed, for making/maintaining this awesome tool :) I have only just started using it a couple of days ago, but am allready just absolutely loving it, so nice work guys :thumbup

Anyway, i have a couple of newbie questions, so if anyone would kindly help me out alittle with this, then i would be very gratefull...

OK, the first thing is the automatic ISO creation. I have read the instructions on the HFSLIP homesite and also looked at the cmd syntax of HFSLIP, and so i placed cdimage.exe + boot.img into the HFTOOLS folder, but however, no ISO is made in the HFTOOLS folder ? I then just in case for testing tried to also place bbie.exe into HFTOOLS folder(even though i can see from the cmd syntax that it's not needed when having boot.img there, but nonetheless...) but still no success...

Second, then i have a patched SFC.DL_ file(i'm using Win2K) in my 'SOURCE\I386\' folder, but HFSLIP dosen't ask me if i want to remove catalog files or not ?

Third, then i would like to make a feature request about if you would please consider adding sections for also bypassing the return prompts(pause commands) and the 'i have read the instructions' input line, into the HFANSWER.ini file, so that we don't have to go into the cmd syntax of HFSLIP and make these changes directly ourselves anymore.

That was it, and again, many thank's for HFSLIP and for all your efforts :)

If you have placed your sfc.dl_ in the REPLACE\I386 folder, the program would have prompted you. HFSLIP is expecting a virgin source in the source folder. As far as the I have read the instructions request, it has been answered many times on this forum and I will leave it up to you to search. :)

If HFSLIP can't find BOOT.BIN, it will look for bbie.exe.

If bbie.exe couldn't be found, the boot image can't be created and the ISO won't be created either.

If bbie.exe was found, HFSLIP will scan each drive from D: through Z: for a valid Windows installation CD to grab the boot image from. If no installation CD could be found, the boot image can't be created and the ISO won't be created either.

This info is also in the Basic how-to guide on the HFSLIP web site.

A quick reply from my side; the ISO-file is not created in your HFTOOLS folder, but in it's parent folder, which is for me HFSLIP, so in short: not here X:\HFSLIP\HFTOOLS, but simply here X:\HFSLIP.

Hi Arie, and many thanks for your help :)

Yes, you are of cource perfectly right in that, but however my problem where that my boot image file where named boot.img instead of the needed boot.bin.

PS: Actually i also wanted to thank you for something else, as it was by reading some of your posts where you mentioned HFSLIP, that got me to check it out, so i just wanted to say many thank's for that, mate :)

If you have placed your sfc.dl_ in the REPLACE\I386 folder, the program would have prompted you. HFSLIP is expecting a virgin source in the source folder. As far as the I have read the instructions request, it has been answered many times on this forum and I will leave it up to you to search. :)

Hi tommyp, and many thanks for your help :)

Firstly, i apologize for asking about the "i have read the instructions" part, as i of course should have searched about it before posting...

Then, i have now reverted to using a completely clean source in the SOURCE folder now and then placed my patched 'SFC.DL_' file in '\REPLACE\I386\' folder and it's copied over and overwriting the old one perfectly, but however, i do not get any prompts about the catalog files whatsoever ?

Also, from looking at the source, then it seems to me that this is also normal, as the prompting about catalog files should only happen in other cases, like e.g when using the unofficial SP5(W2K) or having the patched dll in the FDVFILES folder etc.

Am i completely wrong here ?

:DELCATS
IF "%DELCATS%"=="0" GOTO :START
IF "%DELCATS%"=="1" GOTO :START
IF EXIST FDVFILES\SFC* SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST "%ALTSRCDIRS%FIX\SFC*" SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST "%ALTSRCDIRS%HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT\SFC*" SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST HF\w2ksp5* SET SFCFIX=1
IF NOT DEFINED SFCFIX GOTO :START

If HFSLIP can't find BOOT.BIN, it will look for bbie.exe.

If bbie.exe couldn't be found, the boot image can't be created and the ISO won't be created either.

If bbie.exe was found, HFSLIP will scan each drive from D: through Z: for a valid Windows installation CD to grab the boot image from. If no installation CD could be found, the boot image can't be created and the ISO won't be created either.

This info is also in the Basic how-to guide on the HFSLIP web site.

Hi Tomcat76, and many thanks for your help :)

Yeah, it's offical - i'm a complete moron :) My boot image where called boot.img and not boot.bin and i haden't even noticed the difference, even though i read the code!

Also, i apologize to you, for not having read the instructions and code more propperly before asking about it here...

Again, many thanks to all of you guys for your kind help, it's very much appreciated :)

CU, Martin.

Also, from looking at the source, then it seems to me that this is also normal, as the prompting about catalog files should only happen in other cases, like e.g when using the unofficial SP5(W2K) or having the patched dll in the FDVFILES folder etc.

Am i completely wrong here ?

:DELCATS
IF "%DELCATS%"=="0" GOTO :START
IF "%DELCATS%"=="1" GOTO :START
IF EXIST FDVFILES\SFC* SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST "%ALTSRCDIRS%FIX\SFC*" SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST "%ALTSRCDIRS%HFEXPERT\APPREPLACEMENT\SFC*" SET SFCFIX=1
IF EXIST HF\w2ksp5* SET SFCFIX=1
IF NOT DEFINED SFCFIX GOTO :START

Oops... I see the problem. "%ALTSRCDIRS%FIX\SFC*" should've been changed to "%ALTSRCDIRS%REPLACE\I386\SFC*" a while ago when the FIX folder was abandoned. I'll "fix" that... :)