convert x to dvd 2.99

secretdream

@radix,benners

Before I open a new thread I would like to ask you something.

I really like the idea to modify Inno-setups to fit my needs, e.g. turning off assistants and deleting shortcuts etc.

But now I found a really difficult setup, that seems to be impossible for me to be modified: Agnitum Outpost Security Suite PRO 2008!

I've extracted the setup with innounp 0.23+ (see above) and got the setup-script and a lot of files in different folders.

To make a long story short: even without changing anything in the ISS-file I get several errors when (re-)compiling the script about not existing files :blink:

[Files]
Source: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,2.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopy
Source: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,3.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopy
Source: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,4.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopy
Source: {code_GetDest}\zlib,2.dll; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: zlib.dll; AfterInstall: UpdateComponentControl; Flags: restartreplace overwritereadonly uninsrestartdelete ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\SandBox.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\SandBox.inf; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\ASWFilt.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\ASWFilt.inf; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\VBFilt.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly

...just to name some of them!

The strange thing is: nearly all of the claimed files exist - either in another folder or with a slightly modified name (e.g. afwmod,1.exe instead of afwmod,2.exe) :huh: BTW, I didn't know that commas are allowed in file-names?

Also there seems to be two parameters in the [setup]-sections that Inno doesn't know:

[Setup]
ArchitecturesAllowed: x86=
ArchitecturesInstallIn64BitMode: x64=

If you've got some suggestions maybe a mod could move this posting to a new thread so that we can keep on discussing there!

Best regards and thanks a lot

cool400 :ph34r:

@radix,benners

Before I open a new thread I would like to ask you something.

I really like the idea to modify Inno-setups to fit my needs, e.g. turning off assistants and deleting shortcuts etc.

But now I found a really difficult setup, that seems to be impossible for me to be modified: Agnitum Outpost Security Suite PRO 2008!

I've extracted the setup with innounp 0.23+ (see above) and got the setup-script and a lot of files in different folders.

To make a long story short: even without changing anything in the ISS-file I get several errors when (re-)compiling the script about not existing files :blink:

[Files]
Source: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,2.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopy
Source: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,3.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopy
Source: {code_GetDest}\lic-oss,4.en; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: lic-oss.en; Flags: dontcopy
Source: {code_GetDest}\zlib,2.dll; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; DestName: zlib.dll; AfterInstall: UpdateComponentControl; Flags: restartreplace overwritereadonly uninsrestartdelete ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\w2k; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wlh; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\chk\wxp; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\w2k; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wlh; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afw,2.sys; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afw.sys; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afwcon,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afwcon.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp\afwmod,2.exe; DestDir: {code:GetUserTempDir}\sdi\i386\Targets\free\wxp; DestName: afwmod.exe; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\SandBox.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\SandBox.inf; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\ASWFilt.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\ASWFilt.inf; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly
Source: {code_GetDest}\VBFilt.cat; DestDir: {code:GetDest}; Flags: overwritereadonly ignoreversion uninsremovereadonly

...just to name some of them!

The strange thing is: nearly all of the claimed files exist - either in another folder or with a slightly modified name (e.g. afwmod,1.exe instead of afwmod,2.exe) :huh: BTW, I didn't know that commas are allowed in file-names?

Also there seems to be two parameters in the [setup]-sections that Inno doesn't know:

[Setup]
ArchitecturesAllowed: x86=
ArchitecturesInstallIn64BitMode: x64=

If you've got some suggestions maybe a mod could move this posting to a new thread so that we can keep on discussing there!

Best regards and thanks a lot

cool400 :ph34r:

Some of the the installers are tricky. Innounp is not perfect and does not give a perfect representation of what the author used to create the installer.

You can use Pascal code to offer options and do things like create variables and if an installer uses it there will be a file I think it is called compiled.bin. This will query user settings such as the users temp dir or the dir the user wants to install the program to such as {code_GetUserTempDir} etc but I don't know if you can decompile the code.

The files with the numbers are a way to install the package for multi language installs or 32 and 64 bit versions of files, they probably track in the script to the language section or may have something like Lang:EN or Lang DE you can delete any languages you aren't gonna use and the files as well.

Some scripts take a while to edit to remove the errors, I normally use discretion and delete the items causing the errors, an example would be a min OS version or remove the variables like {code_GetUserTempDir} as I know where they are bieng installed and in what language.

The Architecture things are for the installers to tell it what 64bit Architecture the setup is allowed to run\install on and if blank it will run on any processor that can understand its 32bit code.

Another thing some installers do is run the program exe after installation has finished to continue with the setup options. Kaspersky used to do it with the msi installer and not sure if Outpost runs the main exe once with a few switches to create profiles or extries, it's been a while since I messed with it.