w2k with wmp9 gives internal application error

bprsystems

using 1.7.3 with my log attached. when i start media player 9, after the setup screen checkboxes for file assoc etc (i'm using defaluts), i get "an internal application error has occured". so far the only way i can get the player to work is to run mpsetup.exe twice. during first retry mpsetup.exe writes a few files (about 3 seconds worth), goes to setup screen checkboxes then crashes giving the same application error. during second retry mpsetup.exe seems to unregister and then re-register files (about 8 seconds this time), goes to setup screen checkboxes and then it seems to work using .wma .wmv test files.

any ideas?

note: hfslip.log uploaded as hfslip.txt as i was getting an error with .log extension.

fix: redownloaded all files from scratch in case there was some corruption somewhere. got rid of my [components] section in winnt.sif. went back to the original txtsetup.sif file as mine was modified to reduce the needless driver loads during w2k setup. works great so far. my hunch is that is was the modified txtsetup.sif file as i seem to recall that there are some changes made there by hfslip. took a long time, but that's how this process goes sometimes. take care all.

HFSLIP.TXT

Edited by bprsystems