6001.18000.080118-1840_x86fre_Client_en-us-FRMCFRE_EN_DVD + Vlite = OK

oskingen

Well, I installed a vlited version of the same and the installation went fine but the Welcome Screen comes back and so does Sidebar. Then when I tried to install my drivers or any other program I got an error message that something was wrong with the windows installer and couldn't install anything. And of course I had removed all of the drivers with VLite and so I couldn't get on the internet or anything. So until all the bugs and kinks are worked out I'm going to wait for a new version of VLite.

It looks like you made a bare bone OS!! You didn't remove the welcome center and sidebar that why...

Sorry I uploaded the wrong Last_Session.ini. I did remove them both and they did come back. I will try again with a clean iso and see if it happens again. I was wrong about the windows installer part, I was changing something that screwed that up so it wasn't VLite.

I have encluded the correct Session file.

Last_Session.ini

krash56, what you say isn't possible. Welcome Screen and Sidebar came back? I don't see any of these removed in your preset.

Maybe you did that thing where people think that Unecheck means Remove? It's Selected = Removed as stated in the page title.

Oh and very important keep DEP at Default just for precaution, it's known to mess up many things if switched.

Nuhi I have to report that this happened to me also.

I first did a vLite of Vista w/ int. SP1 (Final RC from my technet subscription). On the test machine Welcome Screen and Sidebar were there after install.

I did a 2nd vLite of Vista w/ int. SP1 (Official RTM from MS) and installed on a 2nd test machine and there was no Welcome Screen or Sidebar.

This evening when I return home I will send you the 2 logs to compare.