LegoTweaker

Legolash2o

Hello decided to start this project again, i am concentrating on just adding tweaks and tweaks so please tell what suggestions you have and tweaks you want adding, if you can send a link :)

LegoTweaker v0.1 Beta - Build 5

.NET Framework 2.0 or later required.

Download Link

Tweaks

• Improved: 'Change Icon Cache Size' - Can now input a value manually
  • Improved: 'Show Menu Delay- - Can now input a value manually
  • New: 'Folder Size' - Change how many folders windows remembers

Remember to tell me what you think but most important your suggestions n tweaks you want adding :)

Edited by legolash2o

Ok got the core of the program setup. Got my first tweak lol with the detection if its already applied or not on startup, also i have the error log setup so errors can be reported. You will be able to undo ALL tweaks.

LegoTweaker Alpha v0.1

• Desktop - Remove Shortcut Arrow

Edited by legolash2o

Few requests:

1. A nice feature would also be if your program could generate an sfx exe that applies the selected tweaks. It could be very useful in unattended installations.

2. You asked also about the OS. I think that it would be nice to have an os selection and then just filter the uncompatible tweaks out from the list.

3. I would also like to see settings for ODBC entries if possible.

4. Importing of reg files. (Would be usefull to import some software specific registry entries)

Edited by geezery

I've had that suggestion before, do you mean do the tweaks during the installation of XP or for when you first open the program after install, it will give you an option to automatically apply the tweaks for you?

Lego

Edited by legolash2o

Finally release the first Beta, so give it a try, if you want any tweaks adding then please let me know (if possible with a link), thank you.

Download link on first post.

Enjoy

Edited by legolash2o

I downloaded the first beta version:

- Unneeded "Welcome to LegoTweaker" Msgbox in the start

- Start Menu dropdown (numbers are in wrong order) you could also mention about the milliseconds

- Appearance (If you push the browse button and press cancel in the browseforfolder dialog the default fields goes empty)

- Customization (I think you should use some tooltips in your program, since I don't have any clue what you mean by "Places Bar - XP Only". Also the Browse buttons have wrong paddings.

- Can you add a counter that tells the user how many tweaks he have changed / selected

- When I maximized the window the white area of the form did not changed it size

- You should use those tooltips to make a short description of what the pointed tweak does.

• 4 weeks later...