Standby not working on my laptop

ITinerant

:hello: Just did an nLited 1.4.1 SP2 Pro VLK version with Xable's Update Pack including OGA and WGA stuff. nothing special. I used a "last session" from the last time I used Xable's stuff, being careful to insert renewed packs etc... For some reason as yet undiscovered, my laptop just goes dark when I close the lid where it has always gone into standby like a good little laptop should. The standby button is still there where I disable it on my desktop systems. Anyone have a clue as to what might be causing this malfunction of the Standby? :whistle: Edited by ITinerant

I have that to. The screen goes off and there's no activity anymore. Only thing I can do is turn it off and on by pressing the button for 5 sec. Hibernation is disabled and ACPI installed. Mouse light is on as well. :}

Gone dark meaning it shuts down or ?

Check if your ACPI is installed and maybe it's Hibernating.

Screen goes dark, hard drives still run. It used to go to standby when I shut the lid and wake up when I opened it. I checked the Bios, Nothing about ACPI in there. Under Device Manager\System devices, all ACPI devices say they are working properly. All drivers seem to be up to date. I've decided to disable the Standby via registry. (see attatched) disablestandby.reg BTW This is an old hp pavilion ze5568cl. Thanks nuhi. You da Man!

Edited by ITinerant