Can't find SP2.CAB

Arie

During the textmode copy process it can't find the file SP2.CAB. I'm a bit puzzled why it doesn't work as I don't believe that I've done anything wrong. Everything went fine in the recent past. I don't recall what I've changed since, but now this error pops up. If I have a look at the SOURCESS folder, SP2.CAB is indeed missing there. It is located in my SOURCE folder however. It seems like it just isn't copied over. I tested with both version 1.7.3 as well as 1.7.4 RC2 (80123b); same problem. :unsure:

HFSLIP.zip

From what I can see in your log file, you are letting HFSLIP merge DRIVER.CAB with SP2.CAB (HFSLIP default), so SP2.CAB won't exist in the new source anymore. This is reflected in the TXTSETUP.SIF that HFSLIP creates so that Windows setup doesn't look for SP2.CAB anymore.

But you placed a custom TXTSETUP.SIF in the REPLACE\I386 folder. This overwrites the TXTSETUP.SIF that HFSLIP created.

You should remove the custom TXTSETUP.SIF, run HFSLIP again, and then manually edit the TXTSETUP.SIF that HFSLIP created. Also, don't reuse this new TXTSETUP.SIF; HFSLIP also edits TXTSETUP.SIF for other changes (eg, copying of new files) so it is safer to always edit it manually afterwards.

Arie, I have a slightly modded source folder, I have added in some sata drivers and manually modified the correct setup files. All works fine without hfslip (verified via VM and real box). I currently use that modified source folder as my source folder.

Arie, I have a slightly modded source folder, I have added in some sata drivers and manually modified the correct setup files. All works fine without hfslip (verified via VM and real box). I currently use that modified source folder as my source folder.

So if I understand you correctly, I could replace my TXTSETUP.SIF in my SOURCE and it should come out fine in SOURCESS and still include my manual changes?