HID problem

resq4u

I recently bought a "WinTV USB2 Stick" TV tuner from Hauppauge. It works fine in non-vlited Vista. But in my vlited vista, even after sucessful driver installation, the WinTV 6.0 player fails to detect the device. I've removed nearly everything (non-extreme) from the vista setup.

After some looking-up I found that a "Human Interface Device" is missing in Device Manager of vlited vista which is present in full vista. I guess HID has something to do with the things which we plug into USB port. But then my other USB devices (External HDD, Flash drive, mobile phone) work perfectly.

Any ideas what should not be removed to solve the problem??

• 2 weeks later...

Finally....I found the problem :rolleyes: . The culprit is Jet database. Yes, you heard it right...

Actually the drivers were installing all fine but the WinTV application was using the Jet Database Engine to store its channel database. The Chris TV played everything fine on the same installation of vista. When I again installed vista in which only jet database was removed, the same problem occured. And...everything played fine even if I removed everything (including winsxs) other then JDE, hence pin-pointing the culprit.

I guess....nuhi can now add this in "Application compatiblity List" for WinTV player (v6 as well as v2000).

Thanks for the great app :thumbup