Error in the .SIF file used by setup.....

twilliamsen

This is the first time I am using nLite, and this an awesome application, now only if I can get over this error, I would be golden....

I get the following error

The following value in the .SIF file used by setup is corrupt or missing value 0 on the line in section [WinntDirectories] with the key "303"

I am using the Dell restore CD, but I deleted the dell directory references in the

txtsetup.sif

Is there another reference somewhere?

Can you point me in the correct direction?

This is the first time I am using nLite, and this an awesome application, now only if I can get over this error, I would be golden....

I get the following error

The following value in the .SIF file used by setup is corrupt or missing value 0 on the line in section [WinntDirectories] with the key "303"

I am using the Dell restore CD, but I deleted the dell directory references in the

txtsetup.sif

Is there another reference somewhere?

Can you point me in the correct direction?

Hm. That's because you deleted something you shouldn't have.

Get the original txtsetup file and copy the missing directory string from there. You might want to use WinMerge or similar software to compare the files and make this task easier...

You can't just delete any directories from [WinntDirectories] section without removing all references to them throughout the txtsetup file. If you really want to delete a directory, and you know what you're doing, do a search for the files referring to this directory and remove them from txtsetup as well. But this is risky, mind you.