Storage Controllers on a Clean C:\ Install ... a quick question ?

benifin

Hi nuhi !

Brilliant as always !!!

nuhi, I'm going to do a fresh clean install onto a newly partitioned hard disk for a colleague.

Nothing will be running in VM mode at all - its a Vlite Boot CD install onto a clean formatted fresh hard disk.

As such, can I remove ALL the Storage Controllers provided I integrate into the Vlite Boot CD the Intel Chipset drivers [which load the core chipset and SATA/IDE drivers ] ?

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by benifin

Read here

Also be careful with the Storage Controller removals, if you remove the driver for your particular hard disk controller it will not be able to see the drives on the bootup. But as a precaution, or even a better alternative, put a new hard disk controller driver in the subfolder inside the folder from which the ISO will be made and then you can even remove all the drivers and provide it with that folder once it asks for a driver on first boot.

You can also use an USB flash for that just in case it doesn't see the DVD drive from which it booted from, if such thing is even possible any more, saw it in the early VMWare versions. I noticed that my ICH9R controller is loaded even if I remove the Intel driver, probably because my SATA is set in BIOS to IDE mode.

Driver integration still does not support the textmode drivers, the ones like these hard disk controllers for bootup. Waited to remove them first, well since that happened next thing in todo is textmode driver integration, at least folder copy to the ISO for manual load if the full integration is not possible without the MS tools.

Edited by legolash2o

FWIW I just made a Vlite 1.1 Final disk with ALL storage controllers removed and just the Intel Chipset Driver integrated and it worked fine.

I did a full clean format and install and it never asked for anything - 7 minutes - how good it that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Booted from CD, chose format the c:, left the room, came back 7 minutes later and it was done.

You are THE man nuhi !!

Ben