HELP: How to make sw that need 98SE or up to run under 95 OSR 2.x?

Ken-mkII

Thanks for everybody help...

Finally, I got Win98SE full installed to use QQ... (Sigh)...

And now the case is...

1) 98lite fail... If I removed IE, QQ got crazy after running a while... (Remove others such as task scheduler not help much)

2) The last QQ version which can login to its server is 2004..... But since some function in group chat is missing... Finally I use QQ2005 instead.

3) Yepp, the laptop can`t upgraded... the CPU is BGA 75Mhz... and RAM is not standard...

4) maybe I will try Controller`s idea someday later to see if I could make it work again under Win95 OSR2.5...

5) What the good news is.... I am using this old cake notebook to reply here now, heh... (640 x 480 is not much resolution, but at least I can still surf here...)

Hmm. Perhaps with a few changes to the registry, it may be possible to "fool" QQ into thinking IE is installed.

I highly recommend to you man that you stick with 95B (OSR2). 98, even with 98lite, is still much slower on that laptop. Believe me, I've tried it on the American version of the laptop (Hitachi M-1200) as I told you earlier.

First things first though. Get the utility "Dependency Walker" at this site [http://www.dependencywalker.com/] and will see what QQ really requires.