stalling

Blackwar

i just did a fresh install of XP today, and my computer stalls when im opening a web page .. example : MSFN.. I use IE6 and this didn't happen before i formatted..

My system specs are :

p4 1.8ghz

512 ddr

32mb riva tnt2 m64pro bla bla..

dvd / cd-rw

and all the usual stuff

any suggestions?

How exactly does it stall? Opening IE 6, or in displaying the whole front page of the site? It takes a while for me for the forum front page to display completely, but once it does everything else loads faster.

well.. when i click on MSFN forums in my favorites, right after it loads a few images on the site, the windows icon at the top right of IE just freezes, then after like a minute or so, it just continues on loading...

ok this is why I asked, Some of the mods and admin have flash for theres sigs....now even being on a T3 when i logg on to MSFN certian pages stall for a sec. I know Its irratating me and I took mine off for that fact. I know Micropocalypse and FthrJACK makes me hang sometimes, how baout a normal thread with out there post in there, like this one?

-XPerties

LOL

but i dont think my connection is the problem... im saying that like the computer kinda freezes for a while (about 3-7 secs) u cant do anything during that time.. after the 3-7 secs, everything is back to normal and the computer unfreezes itself .. LOL

i donno whats different on MSFN.. i cant understand why it only happens when im on the msfn site

[b:77c1f21297]BLACKWAR[/b:77c1f21297] - I think you misread my post , try to read it again...I wasnt asking or saying it was your connection, I was talking about the flash scripts. They do the same to me. Im asking does it freeze on all parts of the board or just certian threads?

-XPerties

Well thats wierd, as far as I know nothin has been changed or done to this site but FthrJACK or xper would be the only 2 to actually 100% no this. I just find it wierd only being MSFN and then a few days ago some poeple were talking about MSFN opening photoshop or some s***. What are we doing now, secretly installing spyware or some s*** guys??????

:WTF?: :WTF?: :WTF?: -XPerties:confused :confused :confused

i used to get it, even on cable. it doesent do it now, must have been one of the things ive changed in IE. anyway... the new forums will be ready soon, and it shouldnt do it there.

welcome to the forums BLACKWAR

[b:99463e58aa]BLACKWAR[/b:99463e58aa] Go to your Usercp( button at top of forum page).Select edit options and make sure you have the following enabled;

Automatically login when you return to the site? [b:99463e58aa]YES[/b:99463e58aa]

browse board with cookies? [b:99463e58aa]YES[/b:99463e58aa]

Scroll down page and click submit modifications.

Has that made a difference?

[b:06bc973f6b]BLACKWAR[/b:06bc973f6b] Go to your Usercp( button at top of forum page).Select edit options and make sure you have the following enabled;

Automatically login when you return to the site? [b:06bc973f6b]YES[/b:06bc973f6b]

browse board with cookies? [b:06bc973f6b]YES[/b:06bc973f6b]

Scroll down page and click submit modifications.

Has that made a difference? [/quote:06bc973f6b]

hrmm... i tried that and its still happeneing.. im not sure what the problem is still...