How can I remove "Help and Support" and "Search" f

I chose the "Classic Start Menu" in Vista and customized it to show small icons etc.

There are several problems:

1 - "Help and Support" is shown on the Start Menu and there is no option to remove it in the Taskbar properties!

2 - "Search" is shown on the Start Menu and there is no option to remove it in the Taskbar properties!

3 - "Default Programs" is shown on the top of the Start Menu!

See there where I have underlined the "H" in "Help and support" and underlined the "c" in "Search" ?

This means if this is in the registry they will be like this:

&Help and Support

Sear&ch

But those two terms do not exist anywhere in the registry!

Also I have "Default Programs" on the top of the start menu with no option to remove it in the GUI.

How do you solve this considering that there is no option in the GUI to get rid of these items on the Classic Start Menu?

This problem only affects the Classic Start Menu.

Also, I now have three items on the desktop:

"Administrator" (the logged in user)

"Network"

"Control Panel"

I do not want those three icons on the desktop but after choosing Classic Start Menu they are just there with again no option in the GUI to remove them.

Windows XP wasn't dis-functional like this, you could take off "Help" and "Search" and the desktop icons, if you wanted to.

Anyone know the registry tweaks to sort the start menu and desktop out so these things are not shown?

:(

Edited by LeveL

this is the first time i hear about this...

have you checked microsoft site for answers?

are you using standard windows installation? maybe you are susing nlite to remove components or something like that.

this is the first time i hear about this...

have you checked microsoft site for answers?

are you using standard windows installation? maybe you are susing nlite to remove components or something like that.

vlite :whistle: