nLite hangs up

mirzab

Hello

This is my first post here,i recently knew that there is so useful application like this nLite,and i really want to try it for integrating drivers and updates to my XP CD.But form beginning i cannot start nLite,i,ve tried on 3 different computers.I already installed .NET 2.0 and its service pack,but always when i start nLite and browse for XP installation it freezes on scanning the size of installation.Can anyone help me please to solve this problem.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

Edited by mirzab

Perhaps your source files are corrupted. Re-copy your source files from your CD-ROM to your hard disk. Copy the files to a folder with a short name without spaces such as C:\Test and try again.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem. The simple solution is to change your regional settings from Bosnian (or some other regional setting not supported prior to SP2) to something else (e.g. Croatian) and then run nLite.

Hope this helps someone :)

• 5 months later...

i just signed up to post that regional settings thingy too =o

i had bosnian as the setting for the standard and formats, and bosnian as the language for non-unicode programs

nlite would hang after you select the folder with the xp files, and process explorer was showing that the mscoree.dll file was the trouble maker

i googled it and it turned out to be part of .net 2.0, and since 1.1 had the same issue with the bosnian langage (the installation wouldn't complete) i too figured it had to be the same solution - change your regional settings to US for example

just finished nlite-ning my sp3 copy with sata drivers for a friends laptop

thanks to nuhi for this piece of art and greetings from bosnia =)