OK. So I need to recover my Firefox bookmarks & plugin names.

weEvil

Where does Firefox like to store its bookmarks and the plugins it uses?

I installed a new system on a different partition. It broke the master boot record. My original system does nto work. Only the new install.

I don't need to get it up and running, I only need to extract the bookmarks and the plugins (I just need the names) from Firefox.

Help?

I found a bunch of bookmark backup data in Administrator > Application Data > Mozilla... etc. I need the most current stuff before it crashed.

This is where the profile is located. the profile is everything that was firefox. im pretty sure you can just copy that folder into the same location on the current install but that is no guarantee that it will use that profile

X:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{random letters/#}.default

Edited by slipk487

In the future you might want to use Portable Firefox and keep the program folder on a not system partition :)

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

No can do. I'm using the tete optimised builds.

I'm just going to make backups of everything before messing with the system. :whistle:

So just replace the App subfolder in the Portable folder, the nsis launcher wont care. ;)