About XP SP3

fidodido91

hi all

i used "Windows Unattended CD Creator Beta 10" to integrate the new SP3 in my win copy

About my win copy:

1)Win XP Pro Media Center SP2 Bootable

2)2 CDs

so , i choosed my main source to be the CD1 as it is the CD which includes the service pack 2 , then made the destination a new folder on my hard disk.

Then choosed the new SP3 source , and everything gone so good and successfully . I didn't burn the iso file and tried to make sure that SP3 is already integrated in the new win iso file , so i closed "Windows Unattended CD Creator" and rerun it , and choosed my source to be the new folder which i had already created and choosed to be my destination folder in the first step , all of this to just see if my new copy is known to be SP3 , but it is not :(

the source info was that it is SP2 win copy not SP3 , i don't know if what i did is right or wrong , so plzzzzzzzzzz help me and guide me.

i am waiting for your replies

thanks in advance

No offense, but if you don't even know how to integrate a Service Pack and you apperantly couldn't find your answer using Google or get the answer straight from Microsoft if it would be a bug in SP3, why would you even be installing a Release Candidate, which isn't meant for normal home users as it's meant for testing purposes and might contain bugs or cause problems?! I kindly advise you to stick to SP2 and it's updates.

first thanks Arie for reply

second, i did alot of search and knew other ways but i had already used "Windows Unattended CD Creator Beta 10" before with SP2 and more than that i added much more feathures , programs , drivers and hotfixes . i liked it very much and wanted to use this program again with SP3

third, i want to integrate SP3 not just for me , but mainly it was for more than one person who asked me to do so for them , so i did , also i thought what is wrong about it , if there is SP3 , and specially when it is legal and microsoft release, so lets get it .

at last , i think you underestimate me a bit , no offense i know and know you didn't mean anything wrong, but i think i am more than a beginner user and know much more.

at all , thanks again and again for your reply and for your concern and wish if you can help me :)

im not sure but it may be a problem with the "Windows Unattended CD Creator Beta 10" program that you are using,, trying using nlite for your slipstreaming needs,, thats fully tested and works,,

and btw fyi,, sp3rc1 isnt really that great of an option to go with... its still buggy, and im not sure on this but the license dosnt last long,, but then again on the license, im not really sure,, but thats how previous betas of sp3 worked..

but all in all try out try nlite

thanks Lost Soul , i will try nlite , but i already had a solution , i used other programs to check the SP version and all said it is SP3 :)

regarding the SP3 , i really don't know , but till now , i will do it for my friends who requested it but i may not use it now , i will wait till make sure it is bugless and ready to use

thanks again for reply